Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 228809 times)

underzone

• Reg Member
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #405 on: April 08, 2016, 05:31:55 PM »

what is the "DSL PHY and Driver Version" for that .dm2 firmware? as .dm2 is the first firmware, the old one.

I can't see it in DSL stats. Is there a telnet command to see?

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #406 on: April 08, 2016, 05:42:48 PM »

what is the "DSL PHY and Driver Version" for that .dm2 firmware? as .dm2 is the first firmware, the old one.

Yeah I queried that and support said to me it was a later version.... Will see later when I have loaded it..

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #407 on: April 08, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »

Sorry, brain fart. The info is in the web interface:

Software Version   2.32d.dm2
DSL PHY and Driver Version   A2pv6F038j.d24h
Wireless Driver Version   6.30.102.7.cpe4.12L08.4

Terranova667

« Reply #408 on: April 08, 2016, 08:26:09 PM »

I had a re-read of the G.INP roll out thread of when the Huawei cabs were first enabled and the issues with Openreach ECI modems not being G.INP compatible is that still true even with the change BT did and with a ECI cab, if that's the case then a new modem would be the only way to get my speed & latency back to where it was or maybe even fingers crossed a little better, it would be nice to know before splashing out on new gear.

If new gear is required any recommendations on a ECI G.INP enabled modem to replace the Openreach one if there is one, I would still prefer the separate modem router setup as that requires me spending less money.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #409 on: April 08, 2016, 08:30:53 PM »

A2pv6F039g1.d24m
Sorry, brain fart. The info is in the web interface:

Software Version   2.32d.dm2
DSL PHY and Driver Version   A2pv6F038j.d24h
Wireless Driver Version   6.30.102.7.cpe4.12L08.4

thanks, for reference this is the DSL driver version on my 8800nl using the newer firmware.

A2pv6F039g1.d24m

So billion support staff indicating g.inp has regressed on the newer driver?

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #410 on: April 08, 2016, 08:38:56 PM »

Pretty much. The 8800NL performance with a BCM cab/PCP would likely be improved with the newer firmware, however for us guys on ECI cabs/PCP's this old firmware does seem to produce less line errors...

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #411 on: April 08, 2016, 10:44:29 PM »

Seems i am now G.INP enabled confirmed from plusnet   0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

but it has had a negative effect rather than a positive one my ping has gone from 13-15ms to around 21-25ms  and i have lost down speed my BTW IP profile has dropped from 46.8 to 42.55 so lost almost 4Mb not happy was hoping i would gain not loose, I'm using the Openreach ECI modem and wondering if that is the issue i don't remember at all of it updating firmware etc then again i have no way of knowing due to it being locked and i don't have the skills to unlock one either  :(

I too have lost my g.inp on my 8800nl today. Sadly my monitoring pc was down as I was replacing the hard drive.
Lost sync rate on ds with delay and no g.inp.

I wonder what has caused this as it was fine until today..

Update spoke to billion - have sent a newer firmware to try on the 8800nl as seems to be an ongoing issue..unless bt have turned it off ??

a cryptic post on the plusnet forums from a staff member has said someone else had a openreach initiated DLM change to remove g.inp and he isnt sure when it will come back.

Looks like openreach may have temporarily suspended the rollout.  I am hoping someone here may leak the truth,but as most people now are on g.inp it might not be big enough news to chase up.

I see no migrations since 31 march on MDWS.

I think what has not been helping matters, is those who got activated, panicing, quickly reporting faults and swapping out modems etc. openreach then in turn panic with flood of support requests and suspending rollout.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #412 on: April 08, 2016, 10:50:39 PM »

What actual problems has there been with G.INP on ECI other than the strange FEC errors on upstream?

Surely if there was a good reason to halt we'd have seen it  ???

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #413 on: April 08, 2016, 10:56:10 PM »

Some of us saw loss of ds sync rate when using non eci modems after g.inp was applied..my eci unlocked synced at 68 originally. The billion is now down to 57 with the loss of g.inp etc etc... dropped out at about 1.30pm

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #414 on: April 08, 2016, 10:56:39 PM »

and of course you even had an engineer call out for it as well.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #415 on: April 08, 2016, 11:04:20 PM »

and of course you even had an engineer call out for it as well.

Yeap. Along with the hours spent testing different modems to see which worked best its back to square one again  ???
Be interesting to see if other eci users start to lose g.inp if its been removed or maybe I am just unlucky...
Modem downgraded as advised so see what happens..

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #416 on: April 08, 2016, 11:09:54 PM »

yeah so the answer to s.stephonson is a rise in support queries can be a big enough reason to put a halt to these things.

for a suspension tho I wouldnt expect them to be removing it from people, that would seem very harsh.  But I have found other reports not just yourself of people losing g.inp on eci cabs, the pattern seems to be as a result of changing modems around mostly (but not always) with at least one of the modems been a eci chipset.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #417 on: April 08, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »

What actual problems has there been with G.INP on ECI other than the strange FEC errors on upstream?

I've seen plenty of issues; loss of speed, loss of stability - just like when G.INP mk1 was rolled out.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • AAISP CF
« Reply #418 on: April 08, 2016, 11:17:59 PM »

I've seen plenty of issues; loss of speed, loss of stability - just like when G.INP mk1 was rolled out.

its going to be a micky take if they start rolling out this 3db g.inp profile whilst people are still waiting for them to unsuspend the g.inp rollout.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #419 on: April 08, 2016, 11:27:09 PM »

yeah so the answer to s.stephonson is a rise in support queries can be a big enough reason to put a halt to these things.

for a suspension tho I wouldnt expect them to be removing it from people, that would seem very harsh.  But I have found other reports not just yourself of people losing g.inp on eci cabs, the pattern seems to be as a result of changing modems around mostly (but not always) with at least one of the modems been a eci chipset.

But from the tests I have done the ECI unlocked modem did give the highest sync on my line but I did not run it long enough for a long term test as missed having the stats so went back to billion. The billion lasted 10 days before g.inp was taken off.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60

anything