Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 228813 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »

Just had an email to say G.inp is active. Not at home at the mo will check when i get in

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2016, 11:43:29 AM »

Also simon194 too  :)
I am quite surprised these changes are being done in the daytime.

Kitz, my vendor info (no G.INP - yet):

ChipSet Vendor Id:      IFTN:0xb204
ChipSet VersionNumber:  0xb204
ChipSet SerialNumber:   5501682195
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:48:50 AM by underzone »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »

Just had an email to say G.inp is active. Not at home at the mo will check when i get in

Yes I saw that too yet when I looked on MDWS I couldnt see any G.INP parameters, nor did it show daveesh1 G which is why I suddenly wondered what was going on.
Yet Ive just looked again now and it is showing g.inp data - perhaps some sort of caching issue in my browser?    It certainly does look like you have it.

Quote from: underzone
I am quite surprised these changes are being done in the daytime.

Stage 2 of the g.inp upgrade is a DLM update to the EU's line ...  and since DLM changes can now occur at any time of the day then its not too surprising.   Any DLM changes made to my line are usually done at around 11-12 in the day.

Its interesting though that a whole batch of MDWS have all gone today, so seems like just with the Huawies, they started off slow then speeded up a bit.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

toulouse

• Reg Member
  • I like cheesecake !!!
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »

Hi there everyone,

Can anyone see a pattern to where these ECI users are based, i.e. I think one specified West Yorkshire. Is it likely that this will be switched on region by region or is it just random ?

Here's hoping

toulouse
Utility Warehouse (via TalkTalk)
FTTC 40/10
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A
ECI (approx 750 metres)

People tell me that I ought to get out more. But in the words of the great Homer J Simpson, "Yeah, but what ya gonna do ?"

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2016, 12:49:07 PM »

Yes I saw that too yet when I looked on MDWS I couldnt see any G.INP parameters, nor did it show daveesh1 G which is why I suddenly wondered what was going on.
Yet Ive just looked again now and it is showing g.inp data - perhaps some sort of caching issue in my browser?    It certainly does look like you have it.

There are a number of database mods to do to get G.INP  data active after the initial detection and can take a while to finish depending on other background activity....

I get the impression that most of the ones I've seen on ECI so far have lost some D/S sync rate rather than gained  :-\
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2016, 12:54:02 PM »

I wonder if all the 'doom and gloomers' (ECI's will never get G.INP etc etc ), will be cleaning the egg from their faces sometime soon ??  ;) ;D

gazaai

• Reg Member
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

I see what you mean tbailey, having a look at the user stats it seems most people are loosing around 2mb on the downstream, that's not so good. Now the ECI users will be on here in a couple of months "remember when we had no G.INP, I preferred those speeds!" lol. I suppose some people with bad lines may gain speed from this because of the error correction
Plusnet: 80 / 20
MDWS Username: GaZaai

Modem: Billion 8800NL (Bridge Mode)
Router + AP: NETGEAR R7800 (OpenWRT/LEDE)
APs: 2x Linksys Linksys EA6700

stevebrass

• Reg Member
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »

I see what you mean tbailey, having a look at the user stats it seems most people are loosing around 2mb on the downstream, that's not so good. Now the ECI users will be on here in a couple of months "remember when we had no G.INP, I preferred those speeds!" lol. I suppose some people with bad lines may gain speed from this because of the error correction

As the saying goes  - 'be careful what you ask for".

But as user on a long line - about 2km - I might gain some upload.
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »

I gained 2mbps on a noisy line, but looking at what happened to others it seems like i'm the only one who got a higher sync from it at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:18:05 PM by S.Stephenson »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2016, 01:21:27 PM »

I see what you mean tbailey, having a look at the user stats it seems most people are loosing around 2mb on the downstream

I can't see where you're getting that from.

Anyway, it's fairly easy to find a modem that doesn't support G.INP or downgrade the firmware.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »

I gained on ds and lost a bit on us. But the best bit is my latency is now 12ms instead of 20ms as it has been since I had fibre.

Very happy with that result. I am in frome somerset in case anyone wants to know

Mydsl stats user "skyeci"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:37:19 PM by skynewb »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2016, 01:49:21 PM »

I just noticed the losses too..   I've been playing in excel and its looking like a loss of 2Mbps from the downstream.
The two that havent are either on a capped 40Mb or able to achieve more than 80Mbps.

I gained on ds and lost a bit on us.

According to the figures in excel that I have for you - youve actually lost 1906 kbps downstream and 874 upstream  :(

*goes to double check the figures.

--
ETA
Definitely lost just shy of 2Mbps.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:15:39 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2016, 01:50:51 PM »

There are a number of database mods to do to get G.INP  data active after the initial detection and can take a while to finish depending on other background activity....

I get the impression that most of the ones I've seen on ECI so far have lost some D/S sync rate rather than gained  :-\

Ahh thank you that explains the yes/no/yes :D

Yep also noticed it - not looking too good atm :(
-----

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »

I just noticed the losses too..   I've been playing in excel and its looking like a loss of 2Mbps from the downstream.

I gained on ds and lost a bit on us.

According to the figures in excel that I have for you - youve actually lost 1906 kbps downstream and 874 upstream  :(

*goes to double check the figures.

Tbh I am happy with any sync rate over 50mb and upstream over 19mb. My neighbour was causing me huge cross talk issues which before g.inp my latency had a 8ms delay and poor snr.

Also completed all my internal cat5e hardwired networking today, christmas came early with the 8ms delay being removed. Couldnt be happier for a change. Flawless gaming on a recent test  ::)

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2016, 02:48:57 PM »

Out of the people who have eci ginp how many have better speeds and how many worse and how much worse?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:52:02 PM by ktz392837 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 60