Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Incablebilty renluop  (Read 967 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Incablebilty renluop
« on: November 05, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »

I don't know about you guys, but over the decades I've got a lot of cables, especially USB, with varying mini connectors, and all black!

Going through them to find what they relate to is a PITB. Is there something hidden away that has been missed, so dare you ditch that cable!? Then, what they are needs to be remembered, and kept so not to tangle. Moan concluded!

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Incablebilty renluop
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but over the decades I've got a lot of cables, especially USB, with varying mini connectors, and all black!

Going through them to find what they relate to is a PITB. Is there something hidden away that has been missed, so dare you ditch that cable!? Then, what they are needs to be remembered, and kept so not to tangle. Moan concluded!

There's one thing you can be sure of.   If you do pluck up the courage to get rid of a cable for some forgotten purpose that hasn't been used for years,  within a day or two you'll remember what it was for,  and regret your decision.   :blush:

For me, it's the standard 3 -pin kettle leads that cause biggest problem.  It seems a shame to bin them. And yet every time I buy anything like a new TV, PC or printer, I get a new kettle-lead.  Sometimes  I get two kettle leads per box, one Euro and one UK.  The old PCs and printers etc eventually do get transported to the recycling centre, but my drawer full of spare kettle leads just gets jampacked tighter and tighter.   ::)

About the only thing that doesn't come with kettle leads these days are kettles, being commonly cordless.   :D

loonylion

• Reg Member
Re: Incablebilty renluop
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 01:39:20 PM »

I have a large plastic crate stuffed with 3 pin kettle leads, an over door organiser stuffed with various different types of cable, a cardboard box full of various DC power supplies for different items, and a child's suitcase full of ethernet cables  :lol: