Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSL-N66U High Pings and low output power?  (Read 1530 times)

idkwho

• Just arrived
DSL-N66U High Pings and low output power?
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »

Hello I've got a DSL-N66U and I am getting pings of 30ms on firmware 1.0.7.7 and when I plug in the ECI modem, I get pings of 15ms. What can I do to decrease the ping? I think the line attenuation is also wrong because on newer firmware it is around 11.4dB rather than 23.0dB. How can I get higher speeds and what would be the max I can get with my line attenuation at 11.4dB?

I also see other people post with Output Power of 14 dbm but I only have 8 dbm with UBPO disabled but 6 dbm with it enabled. How can I raise my Output Power?

I've also noticed that when I enabled G.INP, my path mode changed from interleaving to FastPath. However, my max attainable rate drops by around 15000-20000kbps. Is this normal?

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:48:10 PM by idkwho »

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: DSL-N66U High Pings and low output power?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 06:40:41 PM »

UPBO should be enabled as it's mandatorily required by BT Openreach's SIN 498.

As for power output, this will dynamically lower itself based on the target SNRM and your current SNRM. I can see your SNRM is higher than the standard 6dB target SNRM so as such the power output is reduced in order to reduce crosstalk for other neighbouring lines. As it gets closer to the target SNRM the modem and DSLAM will negotiate a higher power output accordingly on their next synchronisation.

With the DSL-AC68U I have managed to override the power output, as it's a very powerful modem it seems it can do a lot of things that isn't expected or normally provided for that matter. I wouldn't recommend fiddling with that type of stuff though.

As for your speed cap, your DSLAM/circuit must be G.INP enabled, so enabling G.INP will be beneficial to you most likely. Over time DLM should hopefully increase your speed banding (cap). It it doesn't do so after a few weeks of uptime then you might want to consider contacting your ISP if your speed is below the estimate.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 06:43:15 PM by Ixel »

anything