Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG612 configuration  (Read 3650 times)

jamesfoley

HG612 configuration
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:07:54 AM »

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but the more I try and look into the configuration of the HG612, the more confused I seem to get.

So basically I plan on replacing my Home Hub 5 with a HG612 and Asus router combo on my BT Infinity 2 line. I have a unlocked HG612 already, but I can't seem to find much information about its configuration for Infinity.

I'm basically after the default functionality of the modem, so the router handles the connection, but just with access to the web interface to view my line stats. Looking around the web interface it seems to have some pre-configured WAN connections already.

Do I need to do anything in terms of configuration to get this thing working as it would if it was installed by BT?

Thanks in advance.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: HG612 configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:21:40 AM »

You don't have to configure the HG612 at all. You unlock it and reset it to its factory configuration, then connect it up like this: http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm#hg612_linestats
  Eric

jamesfoley

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »

Ah okay, brilliant, thanks for the quick response.

jamesfoley

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »

Just a quick update to this.

I've just had fibre switch on, but when I connect up the HG612, it seems to actually connect to the internet for me, connecting to the router with a 192.168.x.x address.

Is the factory reset needed? Figured after flashing the router it would be in a working state without a reset.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 01:48:22 PM »

That's what the man said
You unlock it and reset it to its factory configuration,

walkerx

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »

the setup of the hg612 is extremely easy to do, it's one of the simplest hacks going to get it unlocked, even easier than rooting an android device :P

once done you don't have to do anything it will auto sync for you on fibre

if you using the asus then remember to configure pppoe for connection, username bthomehub@btinternet.com and password is left blank - if using the HH5 then you don't need to add anything.

One of the biggest advantages of the HG612 is if you have HH and BT update with dodgy firmware that causes it to reboot on regular basis it won't affect your dsl sync but if used the HH5 only and had the problem it will affect it.