Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: G.INP enabled Stats Comparison  (Read 99631 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: G.INP enabled Stats Comparison
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2015, 12:12:05 AM »

I have some new Devolo's that I'm watching like a hawk ... and I haven't seen a dicky bird out of them. The line runs at about 40 ES per day.

FWIW, I have been using Devolo dLAN 500 WiFi units for quite a long time now.
Whether they are switched on, switched off, plugged in or unplugged, they make absolutely no difference to my connection's performance & error stats.

If they had made any difference & with me being somewhat obsessed about connection stats, Mrs. Eagle would still be putting up with the much poorer wireless range (due to very thick walls between rooms) of my Netgear WNR1000 v 3 router for her Candy Crushing & so on  ;)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2015, 01:59:25 AM »

I'm using the 500 AV Wireless+ units, and don't get a peep from them either - in either audio or VDSL2. If they did *anything*, I'd be trying for something better.

Right now, I'm using the WiFi in 2.4GHz mode, but sometime soon I'll swap it to 5GHz.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 09:41:45 AM »

Gone to G.inp this morning! Seems after the mystery sync loss for ten minutes the other night, its pushed it to the cab.

Last night we had a power cut, and I had to resync the connection manually to get my snr back up - I'd resync before everyone else!

On G.inp I'm on full sync and increased snr, I'll PST some stats if anyone wants them?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »

I'm using the 500 AV Wireless+ units, and don't get a peep from them either - in either audio or VDSL2. If they did *anything*, I'd be trying for something better.

Right now, I'm using the WiFi in 2.4GHz mode, but sometime soon I'll swap it to 5GHz.

OK, this is off-topic I suppose but.....

What units exactly are they please?

I have Devolo 200s (dLan 200 AVeasy)  here and also Solwise 500s (PL-500AV-SMT). Can't use either make though as they are both as bad as each other. Just running them for lan to other rooms, I get about 40-60,000+ extra FECs/Min as soon as I make a physical LAN connection and if I plug the Sony smart TV LAN connection in to one  - it goes to Millions/min!!

These plugs are NOT WiFi though - using several normal repeaters around the property currently but speed is not good and chronic latency by the looks of it. So I wonder if a WiFi able Homeplug is much better than a wired one from the interference angle?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »

OK, this is off-topic I suppose but.....

What units exactly are they please?

I have Devolo 200s (dLan 200 AVeasy)  here and also Solwise 500s (PL-500AV-SMT). Can't use either make though as they are both as bad as each other. Just running them for lan to other rooms, I get about 40-60,000+ extra FECs/Min as soon as I make a physical LAN connection and if I plug the Sony smart TV LAN connection in to one  - it goes to Millions/min!!

These plugs are NOT WiFi though - using several normal repeaters around the property currently but speed is not good and chronic latency by the looks of it. So I wonder if a WiFi able Homeplug is much better than a wired one from the interference angle?

I have TP Link 500mbps home plugs, one sits next to the HG612, and I've never had problems with them and fec errors. They link to a wireless access point at the back of the house, and so always have a lot of traffic, but never have problems? It must be the brand of home plug that affects the connection differently?
Kind Regards
Jamie

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:13 AM »

it does seem g.inp is replacing fast path as the fastest profile. either that or the threshold to move from fast path to g.inp is lower than the first interleave profile.

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 10:48:35 AM »

Gone to G.inp this morning! Seems after the mystery sync loss for ten minutes the other night, its pushed it to the cab.

Last night we had a power cut, and I had to resync the connection manually to get my snr back up - I'd resync before everyone else!

On G.inp I'm on full sync and increased snr, I'll PST some stats if anyone wants them?

Yes!

What was synch before vs now? Plus any other before/afters if you can. Logging onto MDWS is a PITA :P

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 10:53:06 AM »

Yes!

What was synch before vs now? Plus any other before/afters if you can. Logging onto MDWS is a PITA :P

Ok, so before sync was 71714 with interleaving applied - SNR around 5.9-6dB.

G.INP: 79,999kbps with 6.6dB SNR ;D . Upstream sync gone from 19,999 to 20,000kbps. INP increased from 3 to 44.  Stats attached if interested :)

Had a mystery loss of sync for 10 mins on the 18th, must have been the cab getting G.INP enabled
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:56:02 AM by jid »
Kind Regards
Jamie

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »

BaldEagle1 has gone G.INP this morning at 7am i don't see much change in his DS attainable or line sync a slight increase in US attainable but i've only had a quick look at his line stats.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:30:53 PM by NewtronStar »

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »

Indeed NS, you are correct.

G.INP hasn't magically reduced Line & Signal attenuation or massively improved SNRM. Hence not that much has changed (yet).

My connection's sync speeds have been 'banded' at 4999 Kbps US & 22399 Kbps DS for quite some time.

That may/may not now change over the next few days.

There seems to be some slight scope for a US sync speed improvement, but not for DS  :( as can be seen in the attached.

I'll probably wait until this evening (when I have at least 12 hours worth of G.INP stats to consider) before I post much in the way of detailed stats/graphs etc.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 01:12:33 PM »

I did notice that your errored seconds have plummeted to zero, so that's one clear benefit, but I guess it doesn't make a lot of practical difference.
  Eric

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »

Time will no doubt tell, but it does appear that any real hope of me getting back some of my lost speed due to increased crosstalk now all hinges on Vectoring.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 01:30:01 PM »

roseway beat me to it, g.inp has pretty much killed your errors at what seems no noticeble penalty to the connection.

newt must be begging for g.inp now.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »

Interestingly my but loading has changed, some of the central tones are powered back and the far right tones are being used? Image attached
Kind Regards
Jamie

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 03:59:41 PM »

Ooh, that looks odd!  ???

I'll check via MDWS to see the entire tone spectrum.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

anything