Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: BT Confirm UK Rollout of 1000Mbps G.Fast Ultrafast Broadband from 2016/17  (Read 15606 times)

renluop

• Kitizen

I was talking about the general rural areas that don't have fttc. Should of been more clear.
OT :)  Sorry to raise what will seem a persnickety point on your post, but I've seen "should of". I think, three times today. :(
What should have been written is "should have" or "should've". "Should of" comes from the way modern English is spoken. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:05:30 AM by renluop »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

I was talking about the general rural areas that don't have fttc. Should of been more clear.
OT :)  Sorry to raise what will seem a persnickety point on your post, but I've seen "should of". I think, three times today. :(
What should have been written is "should have" or "should've". "Should of" comes from the way modern English is spoken.

Persnickety is a North Americanism. We say 'Pernickety', in the UK.  ;) ;D

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

We say 'Pernickety', in the UK.  ;) ;D

Really?
I suspect you may use somewhat different words with the same meaning when describing one of those types of end user to your colleagues in the canteen.  ;) :lol:

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

:lol: :lol: Absolutely right, BE ........ we often refer to those type of EU as 'cads' and 'bounders' !!  ;) ;) ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

:)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

:lol: :lol: Absolutely right, BE ........ we often refer to those type of EU as 'cads' and 'bounders' !!  ;) ;) ;D

Yes, that's obviously what I meant - NOT!!! ;)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

I very nearly did hug the engineer when he found & fixed my intermittent line fault back in May 2012 after 11 months of LTOK results (remember my epic thread? - silly question really; how could you possibly forget it?  :lol:)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

I very nearly did hug the engineer when he found & fixed my intermittent line fault back in May 2012 after 11 months of LTOK results (remember my epic thread? - silly question really; how could you possibly forget it?  :lol:)

Ha ha ....... I'm still waiting for it to be turned into a film !!  ;) ;D ;D

renluop

• Kitizen

And I thought a persnickety was someone who dipped in to ladies' handbags. ;D Must look at my spell checker; too many are US based, so u.s. ::)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

And I thought a persnickety was someone who dipped in to ladies' handbags. ;D Must look at my spell checker; too many are US based, so u.s. ::)

pmsl.  ;D

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

I'm hoping if I make a nice cup of tea for my engineer, he might move my master socket ;)

AArdvark

• Kitizen

If your current linebox does not look like this:

The OR Engineer will fit a new one anyway.
If you ask nicely they will fit it where you want. (Within reason)

I got mine moved from just inside the front door to upstairs where all the main computers are.

Worth asking and the tea goes down well as an extra.  ;D ;D

[Clarified 'Engineer' predicated on an Engineer does call. i.e: not Self Install (Thanks Black Sheep))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:43:15 PM by AArdvark »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

I'm hoping if I make a nice cup of tea for my engineer, he might move my master socket ;)

Is this regarding the upcoming FTTC upgrade on your Cab ???

If so, it depends on how you order your product. If it's a self-install, then you won't even see an engineer. If you choose the HWS module (Home Wiring Solutions), then if you tell the engineer you want the socket moving they have to ..... as you will be billed for it. Brew or no brew.  ;)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

If your current linebox does not look like this:

OR will fit a new one anyway.
If you ask nicely they will fit it where you want. (Within reason)

I got mine moved from just inside the front door to upstairs where all the main computers are.

Worth asking and the tea goes down well as an extra.  ;D ;D

Mine does look like that.

Nonetheless I am hoping they'll move it to the hall in preparation for my ethernet being run around the house ;)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen

Is this regarding the upcoming FTTC upgrade on your Cab ???

Well the cabinet is there and has had all the fibre run now but orders are still unavailable! :(

If so, it depends on how you order your product. If it's a self-install, then you won't even see an engineer. If you choose the HWS module (Home Wiring Solutions), then if you tell the engineer you want the socket moving they have to ..... as you will be billed for it. Brew or no brew.  ;)

TalkTalk say if I go for the 76Mbps option, they'll send an engineer so that's okay.

Wait, so they won't move the master socket even if I ask?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything