Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Banded profile  (Read 1687 times)

ardsar

• Reg Member
Banded profile
« on: December 18, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »

Just wondered if anyone could see why my profile seems to be stuck with a slightly high target s/n. Billion router now been up for almost 3 weeks. Initially my line was capped at 22499 however 8 days ago this increased to 24999. Even during the worst part of the evening I still have 1.5db headroom. My errors all seem to be low so I'm not sure why I have not had a further increase.

Around 4 weeks ago I had a sync of around 26.5M with the hh5. I was away for the weekend and on return noted that it had dropped to 22499. That's when I changed to the billion.

What's interesting is that N Star also has very similar stats to me.

Graphs can be seen on mydslwebstats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ardsar

• Reg Member
Re: Banded profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:06:29 AM »

Any ideas? I assume restarting the modem just once wouldn't help.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:30:25 AM »

>> Just wondered if anyone could see why my profile seems to be stuck with a slightly high target s/n.

One thing Ive noticed is that quite often the banded profiles quite often seem to co-incide with an equivalent Target SNR margin.
Banding can be utilised to keep the target SNR @ 'x' db rather than the default 6dB and its something Ive seen on my own short stint into the world of banding that kept my upstream at 9dB.    I believe theres some formula somewhere.

The main issue with DLM atm is attempting to get reductions made.  Im afraid that due to time constraints Ive currently suspended by research into DLM, Ive stumbled across some algorithms on how the DLM decides to reduce parameters, but just not had enough time to try figure out what it could mean in the real world.   

The other thing of note is your mention of NS who is also struggling to get a reduction made is that you are both possibly with the same ISP and we are not sure which profile they are using ie Speed or STandard.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ardsar

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »

Thanks for your response. I'm with BT not sure about NS.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:41:41 AM »

Yes youre both with BT
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything