Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

HG612 Firmwares [New H-Wolf version] (Updated 9 Aug 2014)

(1/65) > >>

Howlingwolf:
//*****************************************************************************************//
        Note by Admin:  If you are looking for the latest firmware version that works with G.INP then you need B030SP08
//*****************************************************************************************//

The latest version has been 'On Test' for about a week now and seems fairly stable.

Repository:   https://mega.co.nz/#F!LdJFDIJL!e_E1twsIg2kTet8mPjrb4w

Each different version now has it's own subdirectory and the following filename format:

-   <version>_original is the original, unmodified (locked) build as extracted.

-   <version>_unlocked is the basic unlocked build. The only changes to this have been to restore local telnet access.

-   <version>_webgui is identical to the unlocked build above with the web interface restored.

Also included is:

-   Tools and Patches subdirectory containing Asbokid's tools rebuilt for x86 (32bit) architecture and the 'patch set' needed to recreate the unlocked firmwares.

-   GPL Sourcecode subdirectory containing the current versions of the obvious. The B028SP10 Variations subdirectory contains the B028SP10 sourcecode released by BT and Huawei in September 2011. These are substantially different from each other and the current release.

(I went to get a link to these for someone recently and discovered that Huawei's 'support facility' was down yet again so I'm providing them here for anyone who wants them along with the 'bearded weirdies' from 2011.)

Notes:

Reading through some of the older threads I'd missed while I was otherwise occupied, it's fairly obvious that there were simply too many different builds of the last firmware version. This led to confusion over which one to use and more recently, whether the latest update had or would be received.

Going forward there will be two builds, and ONLY two builds, for each firmware version as detailed above. These will contain the minimum necessary changes to achieve the specific objective.

In all builds, BTAgent will remain untouched and still active. However in builds which include the web interface, it will be neutered by disabling it's VLAN.

This can be re-enabled through the web interface by going to Basic --> WAN.
- Select ptm1.301 under Connection Name.
- In the config panel below that, Enable 'WAN connection' and submit.

This will give people the choice. Enable it to receive updates or disable it to prevent them.

--- Quote from: 'Original Post:' ---With hindsight it was probably a mistake to disable or strip BTAgent and the associated config settings in the way I did. I was trying to avoid the proliferation of different versions and this almost certainly led to what I think was a mistake with the patch files.

In any case, the best option was to start again from a clean baseline which is what I've done. I've rebuilt the B030SP06 firmwares and there are now only two unlocked versions.

{Links and obsolete repository details removed}

In both of the new versions, BTAgent is untouched and still active. However in the version with the web interface it has been neutered by disabling it's VLAN.

This can be re-enabled through the web interface by going to Basic --> WAN.
- Select ptm1.301 under Connection Name.
- In the config panel below that, Enable 'WAN connection' and submit.

This will give people the choice. Enable it to receive updates or disable it to prevent them.

Hopefully this should address the issues some people have raised surrounding updates.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and I promise I'll try to do better with the next one.

--- End quote ---
----
edited by Admin to add date to topic title and sticky the post

roseway:
Many thanks again HW.

boost:
Howdy

Are any of these firmwares optimised for ADSL vs VDSL? :)

Howlingwolf:

--- Quote from: boost on August 01, 2014, 12:05:21 AM ---Howdy

Are any of these firmwares optimised for ADSL vs VDSL? :)

--- End quote ---

Erm...

I would assume they're optimised for VDSL2 as Openreach had them customised for their 'Fibre to the Curb' service (BT Infinity, etc).

I've certainly not altered anything which might change that.

kitz:
Thank you HW.  Nice work :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version