Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Speed issue?  (Read 1484 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
Speed issue?
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:24:09 PM »

Hi all,
Was switched to Zen (Unlimited Fibre Office) around 2am today. Changed my login details and IP addresses on the router and other network devices, but I've stumbled into a possible issue which I'm not sure about yet.

For a 74/20 connection, do the following speed results seem normal?

Speedtest.net results for the most part do max out the connection speed fine, though downloading files from various places (e.g. nvidia.co.uk, 1gb speedtest websites, even my own server in the UK) seem to yield an average speed of 2MB/sec. I've tried this on another computer to be sure if it's not just my own computer but that also does the same.

I may reset my ASUS RT-AC68U and RT-AC66U routers and re-configure them again, but I can't believe that's the reason. QoS is disabled on both routers, I'm using an ECI /r modem as usual (with an ECI cabinet).

Speedtest BT Wholesale seems to be fine as well. Any ideas?

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: Speed issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »

Problem solved. Upload is faster than in the result below but I'm hosting some game servers and they have players on at the moment.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Speed issue?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:26:34 PM »

I have seen similar on my own line.  ie  single thread tests were acheiving full speed, yet the overall speed was perfectly fine.
It was an RWIN problem in the end.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker