Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Talktalk: are you what they call a peripheral subscriber?  (Read 2909 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Talktalk: are you what they call a peripheral subscriber?
« on: May 17, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »

According to this recent article in the Daily Telegraph business pages, they are the ones who are not on LLU lines.

Talktalk is to sell them to Sky as unprofitable. In addition its equipment will not be installed in further exchanges.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Talktalk: are you what they call a peripheral subscriber?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »

Well that does not include me as I'm LLU'd. Altough I have no interest in their TV product I might be interested in Fibre although it will be hard to justify to SWMBO as she seems quite happy with what we have now.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »

Wouldn't be too surprised if sky pick them up.  If bt do, then someone somewhere will only kick up a fuss.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

boost

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »

Not surprised; from a techie perspective at least.

BT CP diagnostics (KBD in this instance I guess?) is a bit like ringing up your gran and asking her to read you the instructions to re-program your TV remote. It's a huge barrier to swift and effective fault resolution and if you're unfortunate enough to use a crap intermediary CP this process becomes a tad frustrating.

Direct access to the BT IPstream/WBC kit would make my life infinitely easier. Does such a thing exist? What about TAM/CIDT/Celerity logs? :P

I better check my guinea pig is LLU'd and not in the WBC MAX bin too! Might explain why I can't force an ADSL2 synch :o

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »

Thats why I left TalkTalk two years ago, they kept saying my exchange may become unbundle soon, and if you look they won't take on any new IPstream customers as they lose money.

anything