Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thursday thoughts  (Read 1708 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Thursday thoughts
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »

Bonjour and good morning to all !   Following a very wet Wednesday, a typical winter Trough of Bowland day, as we call them  ;D we have a lovely sunny morning ....  so here's some for everyone  :sun:     Yesterday was fit only  for plenty of oak logs on the woodburner and a good Kindle  ;D    Actually I spent a while twiddling (  I twiddle as well as tootle B*Cat   ;D ) on my PC and in a fit of peak decided to change from Firefox to Chrome browser - I decided that because I have my Chrome Book I might as well go the whole hog and sync the two - I know all the 'againsts' with Google, I've had 'againsts' myself ;D but I thought in the grand scheme of things Google is not that important,  so hey ho - I'm completely chromed now  :D   It's very fast and clean looking.   I know that the Windows updates for XP will cease some time soon, but I'll continue with this system until the whole things gives up, I don't use IE at all - and then we'll see - I have my Chrome book to fall back on.  Speaking of the Chrome book I'm very impressed with it and it's most useful for enabling hubby to 'join in' with things - he is not interested in computer at all, but a couple of weeks ago we  (I  ::)  ) had a problem with a cable behind the TV  ... I wasn't sure where it went  :-X  -   so I took a photo put it on the chrome book and voila we solved it between us :thumbs:     This is en example of the frustrating things that occur now, but hey ho ! we get there !

Today it's a Lunchy day at our 'Antique' restaurant  :yum:  Hubby had his blood test this week and all is well and he has put weight on since coming home in May.  He was extremely underweight, due in the main, to 8 months plus in hospital, and whilst the food is very good for a fortnight ! but  8 months is different, plus he was obviously worrying about my situation. We were told he needed to put on 12 kgs !!  he's put on 9 kilos up to now and he says he is just under his 'racing weight' from his cycling days.  Funny old world isn't it, there's Unc doing a splendid job on losing his kilos and here we are doing our best to find them  ;D

On that note I'll wish you all a good day - nearly time to set off - it's a bit like army manoeuvres when we go anywhere  :lol: 

Take care all   :flower:
It's today that matters !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Thursday thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »

Funny old world isn't it, there's Unc doing a splendid job on losing his kilos and here we are doing our best to find them

6st 7lbs up to date.(41KG).. :)

Good Morning Kate/all.

Very pleased your OH is coming along Kate,he needs some home made meat and potato pie and rabbit gravy inside him,that will soon have him back on track  ;D

Kate I have sent you a pm.

Weather is nice here at present but quite cold.Been for my swim etc this morning,just relaxing tired limbs now.

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »

Just a suggestion - the SRware Iron browser uses the same Chrome engine as Chrome but according to someone in this forum, doesn't have the iffy bits that Chrome proper does. 
I recently converted due to a problem with FF and both of us find that after getting used to where things now are,  we like it. Seems a bit faster too.

Regards

JGO

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »

Phil   -   you should have a reply now !   :flower:

JGO  thank you for that.    I've been using my Chrome book for a little while now, and looked at the security settings carefully on there.   Having made a few alterations on the privacy settings I'm happy to continue with Chrome -  mostly because I can sync the two  'computers'.   Many thanks quand même  :)
It's today that matters !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:51:12 PM »

Phil   -   you should have a reply now !   :flower:

Got it  :flower:

anything