Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Soggy Saturday Salutations !  (Read 1424 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Soggy Saturday Salutations !
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:08:26 PM »

'Allo All   ---    eeeeew it's wet and warm   :'(     Hope this finds everyone well and enjoying your Saturday.   I see that Kitz has been busy with maintenance, and also  chasing a miscreant for dirty deeds :o  good luck with that  :)

We've been out and about this morning.  A visit to a beautiful patisserie for a Saturday treat  :yum: then onto Leclerc's supermarché for a bagful of shopping.   Unfortunately it developed into two bags and once at the checkout I had to abandon the 'handicapped persons' trolley.   The young lady at the checkout realised I was going to have a problem carrying the two bags  and telephoned for reinforcements  ;D another young lady appeared and carried  the shopping to the car.  So  a big  :clap2: for them. 

Suitably lunched, it's a sports filled afternoon for hubby.  I've been promising myself a sort out in several drawers for weeks now, so I'll perhaps tackle those (it's the weather for it! )

A bit of excitement, well for me anyway - my Christmas present is on its way.  My brother came armed with his Samsung Chrome book a few weeks ago;  hubby was quite impressed with it and asked me if I'd like one for Christmas.  Anyway the deed was done this morning and it will be here early next week  :)   I think it will be ideal for my use.   I still use XP on my desktop and loath to change for W7 (wanting to avoid W8) and although the screen of the Chrome book  will be minute compared to me lovely large wide-screen on the PC,  I think it will suffice at closer quarters.   So looking forward to having a play soon  :)

Off to do something useful - take care all  - ttfn   :flower:
It's today that matters !

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: Soggy Saturday Salutations !
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

Have fun and have a good rest of your weekend :).

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »

Well done, Leclerc's! :)

We're going through a miserable period of weather at the moment, but it's expected to brighten up around next May. It could be worse. ;D
I've been doing some much needed clutter clearance, including a trip to the recycling centre to get rid of a load of stuff which can't be put in the wheelie bins. It never ceases to amaze me, just how much rubbish I collect, despite my best intentions not to create waste. I guess there's probably a universal law which applies. :)

I hope you enjoy your Christmas present, Kate. Do you have to wait until Christmas to get your hands on it. ;D

Bye for now. :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:34:19 PM by roseway »
  Eric

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 07:51:16 PM »

Would b*cat be classified as a 'peeping tom' if he took an interest in S*mum sorting her drawers?  :-\

Damp and gloomy outside The Cattery. The (hungry) occupant does not like this time of the year.  :no:

Just a thought. Will your Christmas present -- the Samsung Chrome book -- only operate using the French language?

b*cat now does a Maru and hides in a brown paper bag.  :paperbag:

'Bye for now.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »

;D  Eric,  I'll have to practice so that I'm totally au fait by Christmas   ;)

B*Cat -   the language can be changed for Display, Spell checker and Web page to whatever you want. You can also customise the keyboard if you want to type in multiple languages, so I can have all my accent marks when preparing  anything in French.

(Would b*cat be classified as a 'peeping tom' if he took an interest in S*mum sorting her drawers?)  ---   :o    The  crème fraîche was obviously too strong for you   ;D

You can come out of your paper bag now  :D
It's today that matters !