Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Thundery Thursday  (Read 1531 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Thundery Thursday
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »

:o  'Allo All  --     we awoke to thunder - Scotty not a happy bunny :)  it's rather dank and dark - I call these 'Lancashire days'  ;D  The good news is that by Sunday I shall be sharing my yellow duster with you -    (I've just heard on the radio that the thunder is travelling northwards and eventually crossing La Manche -  I like to share the thunder as well  ;D)  It's blustery but very warm  AND there are brighter signs as I look over towards the Medoc.

Had two injections this morning, I'm starting to resemble a colander  :D - nothing now until next Friday's blood test  :thumbs:
With the weather being 'off' it might be a good idea to cheer ourselves  with a 'lunchy'  -every cloud has a silver lining ;)

For the past couple of years I've noticed that my hearing is getting less efficient. The treatment seems to have exacerbated (wow that's good word !) the situation; the hospital arranged tests for me and consequently  I've ended up with those tiny digital  Siemens Receiver in the Ear.   WHAT a difference  ;D    At first I found it all too overwhelming - traffic noise, even Scotty lapping his water  :o  but  a month later my brain seems to have adapted and I can control the amplification,by changing one receiver it automatically alters the other to the same level.   There are people on here who probably know all about this  but for me it's a whole new world. I'm amazed that they are so discreet too, even with my new hair style  ;D    Hubby is delighted that the TV can be at a lower level now  ;D   Thank goodness my eyes are good  ;D

Well folks, I hope you have a good day -take care  - ttfn :flower:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:01:22 AM by Scottiesmum »
It's today that matters !

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Thundery Thursday
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »

Scotty not a happy bunny

And there I was, thinking he was a dog. ::)

Looking at Blitzortung.org I see that the thunderstorms are currently in Northern France and South-West England, and they seem to be headed our way. :o

Had two injections this morning, I'm starting to resemble a colander

Just make sure you understand the difference. ;D

I know what you mean about the digital hearing aids. A friend of mine had them fitted a few years ago, and he had a similar experience to you - hearing sounds which he had forgotten even existed. Now he barely notices that he's wearing them and just hears the same things as people with unimpaired hearing.

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 02:31:34 PM »

Fun outside Building has just come to a stop for now as the rains just started, so just having some lunch .
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:14:14 PM »

The French rain has been falling in East Anglia this afternoon . . . but without S*mum's thunderstorms.  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.