Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dlink DSL-2740b - PPPOE don't work - Give errors  (Read 2117 times)

fced

• Just arrived
Dlink DSL-2740b - PPPOE don't work - Give errors
« on: November 21, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »

Hello
After Some years of good services, my old Dlink Dsl-2740b cause me some problems...

It synchronize adsl correctly, but it take long long time to pppoe connect... And after it connect correctly, it disconnect...

I have tried to hard-reset it, to install all others firmwares, but same problem...

Because all this years, i used it only as adsl modem bridge connected to WRT54GL/Tomato, i don't know if it's a new problem, or if it's a long time ago problem...

With all the others adsl modems routers i have at home (LinksysWAG160n/ SMC 7904WBRAS-N, DG834GT-DGTEAM), 30 seconds after i plugged them power and phone cable they are pppoe connected to my adsl provider and internet connected ...

So is my old Dlink DSL-2740b dead ? or could it be an bad configuration ?

Thanks
Cedric

ps : sorry about my poor english speaking ...

sheddyian

• Kitizen
    • My Shed Blog
Re: Dlink DSL-2740b - PPPOE don't work - Give errors
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »

With the recent problem I've had, my first thought is : power supply!

Have you another power supply with same voltage and same connector plug to try ?  Does it work any better with new supply?

Ian

GunJack

• Reg Member
Re: Dlink DSL-2740b - PPPOE don't work - Give errors
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »

double-check the settings are correct for your internet service provider, they should have supplied you a username/password to enter into the ADSL setup page (where you select authentication type). If you don't have these, contact your ISP to get them. This happens when the ISP logon details are incorrect :)
8)..........Gettin' There, Wherever There is..........8)