Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 - munin  (Read 2034 times)

bugmancx

• Just arrived
Huawei HG612 - munin
« on: May 06, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »

I have written some basic Munin plugins for the Huawei HG612 when it is in unlocked mode.  They're on github at: https://github.com/bugmancx/huawei-hg612-munin

Hope anyone else interested finds them useful to you!

Cheers

asbokid

• Kitizen
    • Hacking the 2Wire
Re: Huawei HG612 - munin
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »

I have written some basic Munin plugins for the Huawei HG612 when it is in unlocked mode.  They're on github at: https://github.com/bugmancx/huawei-hg612-munin

Hope anyone else interested finds them useful to you!

Cheers

Hi bugmancx!

Excellent stuff  :)    It will be very useful.   RRDtool is also uses for the database element of DMT.   One avenue that might interest would see the line data  inserted into an SQL relational database.  This would assist deeper analysis of performance.

cheers, a

bugmancx

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »

Unfortunately the data can only be scraped from telnet or HTTP, as there's no other mechanism to collect it.  This makes it a more complex process to collect.  But, there's a bucketload of information you can get.  RRD/Munin is useful only to a point, and it doesn't necessarily let you drill down to the detail you always want, but I find it the most useful because you can easily spot trends and problems, and munin plugins are very simple, quick and easy to write.

Cheers!

bugmancx

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »

Oh, I've misunderstood what you were saying when I first wrote my response; apologies.  DMT is certainly a far more superior tool I think!  I haven't had a chance to play with it.