Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: So What happens Now ?  (Read 1501 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
So What happens Now ?
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:16:21 AM »

Does anyone know what will happen nowto the EU as we know it? Only time will tell ???

One thing that pleased me was the way our leader stood up to that nasty German woman and her horrible French poodle.

Well done Mr C....

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: So What happens Now ?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »

Agreed, DC has gone up in my estimation as of this week, but maybe we do have to recognise that the world is changing, and that we can't afford to get too isolated.

One prediction from a while ago, that keeps springing to mind is that we seek to join a different club instead, rather than the EU, and become known as the 51st state of America.   Only if they'd have us, of course.

Between these two clubs, I'm not sure which course frightens me the most.   :o

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:41:05 AM »

Yes, well done to Mr. C
Although I don't think he had a great deal of room to manoeuvre if he wanted to stay in the job.

What happens now is anybodies guess. We could well have a greater leaning towards the US. They did help us out financially with WWll. So I don't think we would be on our own too long.

The whole farce of this Eurozone treaty makes me think of a certain dictator that wanted great power. I mean if they cannot rule the world one way why not try another.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:51:10 AM »

Hmmmm.

It all looked pretty staged; Sarkozy for sure never wanted an EC-wide treaty solution anyway.

They have to do something and quickly but the EC setup just doesn't allow that.

As for Mr Cameron I sadly think that he showed a significant lack of "statesmanship" in his approach, far too much cow-towing to his backbenchers and obviously forgot until too late that he governs in a coalition.
(he is regularly accused of forgetting that he's in government now, not opposition, and it showed here)
That's not to say the outcome wasn't inevitable, but I think he's burned a lot of bridges that will need someone else to rebuild.  :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:54:58 AM by HPsauce »

anything