Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does This make you angry  (Read 7094 times)

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Does This make you angry
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »

where I live my life isn't enlightened by them,far from it.
Sorry to hear that.

Nonetheless we'd be interested to know how you know for sure that the people you refer to are indeed asylum seekers.

AdrianH

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »

Yes they do travel through many other countries that in many cases won't have them or treat them badly and they suffer for it on the way, the UK is luckily for all of us more enlightened.

I don't know where you live but where I live my life isn't enlightened by them,far from it.

The thing is all these rule makers/law makers will no doubt live in big country houses where their lives aren't blighted by them,people who live in the bigger cities have that displeasure

So, you seem to be saying that these regimes that butcher women and children and starve their populations  are OK and we should not show any concern or compassion.

You don't think it is a good thing that our country is tolerant and allows freedom of speech and movement? You would prefer to live in constant fear of any uniform or your government?

Cities large or small have nothing whatever to do with this, asylum seekers are spread all around this country. The genuine registered AS needs to keep their nose clean and the majority do, the people you seem to have problems with are more likely to be illegaly in the UK.

A chap I know now employs several successful asylum seekers and they are decent hardworking human beings that escaped hell on earth and are very grateful for the chance of a new life.

We had no problem helping the Russians, Poles and Jewish refugees in the 40's and 50's why is it such an issue now? The sad thing is that this sort of tradgedy is still happening in 2011.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 03:14:23 AM »

And why would you ask if I'm an asylum seeker  ???

Just a spot of failed humour from a pesky-cat, nothing more, Uncle. Don't you remember when a certain black cat first posted to these fora? It was as a pesky-cat, to a thread you had started!  :(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »

And why would you ask if I'm an asylum seeker  ???

Just a spot of failed humour from a pesky-cat, nothing more, Uncle. Don't you remember when a certain black cat first posted to these fora? It was as a pesky-cat, to a thread you had started!  :(

Sorry Mr B-Cat  ^-^ didn't mean to offend,and tbh thinking about it as my mothers side of the family were descended more than likely from Vikings,then perhaps I could actually be an AS :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »

Coming from Yorkshire is bad enough.... :D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 09:44:48 AM »

Sorry to hear that.

Nonetheless we'd be interested to know how you know for sure that the people you refer to are indeed asylum seekers.

Well i will try and enlighten you.......I have a family member who in their official capacity has to deal with asylum seekers/migrants etc who are given social housing.

Only recently they had to visit a house which was allocated to AS who had just been allowed to stay in the UK.After an anonymous tip they visited (with police back up) to find the house virtually trashed and illegal activities being conducted from the property.
My relative was left traumatised by the events and that is all I can say as the case is ongoing.
This is not an isolated incident in Sheffield,it is something that happens quite regularly.

Adrian has pointed out he knows AS who integrated in society well,and I don't dispute that.I can only comment on what happens in the city where I live

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »

Coming from Yorkshire is bad enough.... :D

:o

So much for offering you a spare bed........ :lol:

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 09:55:43 AM »

I'm not consciously aware of asylum seekers being better or worse than the rest of society, so did a very quick google on crime and asylum, finding this at the top of the list:
http://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/main.nsf/Web+Full+List/5DF00A83D3CD982480256F39004BA384?OpenDocument

One quote from it:
There is no evidence that asylum seekers commit more crime than anyone else, says the Association of Chief Police Officers. They are more likely to be victims of violent crime, even murder, because of who they are.

AdrianH

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 10:43:47 AM »

Sorry to hear that.

Well i will try and enlighten you.......I have a family member who in their official capacity has to deal with asylum seekers/migrants etc who are given social housing.

Only recently they had to visit a house which was allocated to AS who had just been allowed to stay in the UK.After an anonymous tip they visited (with police back up) to find the house virtually trashed and illegal activities being conducted from the property.
My relative was left traumatised by the events and that is all I can say as the case is ongoing.
This is not an isolated incident in Sheffield,it is something that happens quite regularly.

Adrian has pointed out he knows AS who integrated in society well,and I don't dispute that.I can only comment on what happens in the city where I live

I have no doubt that some elements of the AS population do behave that way but then again so do large numbers of "White British" people.
Ask anyone that works in social housing in the UK about how housing strock is treated by many of the residents, I have seen brand new houses trashed by tenants within weeks of them getting a home, they then complain and ask for repairs to be carried out.

There are many foreign nationals now residing in the UK, some will behave well others not but discrimination against any of them only lowers standards for all of us. It still seems that anyone of the wrong complexion , culture or with disabilities or learning issues is considered by many to be a legitimate target in this country.

My point was we don't know that those you perceive as causing problems are residents/AS/illegals or otherwise unless you know them personally or facts are presented in a court case. I tried to make the point that we are lucky to be in a country that still attempts to treat people in a decent way , allows strikes, protests and marches and the people a voice, all things the genuine AS does not have, ie; we are more enlightened.

What we need to be mindful of is that we could all be in the situation of needing a new home country at any time , there are plenty of events that could potentially result in us being forced to leave the UK on mass, what would we be thinking and feeling as we try to move to other countries ?

And yes for most of us here our ancestors were incomers of one sort or another.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »

Ome tactic that I often try to employ, when I find myself thinking that any particular segment of society is receiving excessively generous treatment is to ask myself... would I trade places with these people?

When applied to the likes of overpaid Council Chiefs or under-performing boardroom executives with eye-watering severance deals, the answer would often be "Well OK, why not, where do I sign?".

But In the case of genuine Asylum Seekers, where the trading of places would include the fact that they had been very badly treated in their home countries, I suspect very few of us would choose to trade places, even if it did win us a few free energy vouchers.  In that case, as long as they are acting within the law, is it really fair to criticise?

Just my take on the subject 

7LM

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »

:-X :-X :-X :-X

One thing I would like to add my voice to however.......rights or wrongs of the situation regarding being kind to immigrants of any race or creed....WE ARE ON AN ISLAND...there is only so much space for anyone here, the indigenous population or anyone else coming to these shores.  Wth are we creating for our future generations by filling every inch of our island with humans of whom most will breed and add more to the population.  Isn't there a danger of over population in not too many years to come?  (Rats trapped in a corner come to mind) Quality not quantity IMO should be the keyword...and if only people would look ahead and not let hearts rule their heads, we might be able to make life a little easier all round for those who are here already and who will inherit this country in years to come.

Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 05:47:03 PM »

Thank you, Chrissie:flower:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]