Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Amazon Hidden Discount Utility  (Read 11313 times)

AdrianH

Amazon Hidden Discount Utility
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »

http://www.shopsheep.com/   

Select UK, type in what you are looking for and see what you could save. ;)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Amazon Hidden Discount Utility
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 07:26:48 AM »

That looks interesting. :)
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:35:03 AM »

Nice one AdrianH.......thanks for posting.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »

kinda interesting site, but I genuinely wonder if Im missing something here... or perhaps Im not searching right?

I get the same results if I go via that site.. or if I go to Amazon.co.uk direct and do the search from there...  and I get the same result page come up (was looking at ipads).
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »

kinda interesting site, but I genuinely wonder if Im missing something here... or perhaps Im not searching right?

I get the same results if I go via that site.. or if I go to Amazon.co.uk direct and do the search from there...  and I get the same result page come up (was looking at ipads).

You are right Kitz,

Why mess about going through a 3rd party site when all you need to do is visit Amazon and type in what you are looking for.I use Amazon for nearly all my online purchases.

That link Adrian posted has been on Martin Lewis's site for a very long time.*(Its not the same link as posted by Adrian,but is virtually the same)*

*Post adjusted and corrected due to my mistake*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:06:45 AM by UncleUB »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:12:52 AM »

Let's not forget the Kitz shop which costs shoppers no more but earns a few pennies for supporting this site. :)
  Eric

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »

You are right Kitz,

Why mess about going through a 3rd party site when all you need to do is visit Amazon and type in what you are looking for.I use Amazon for nearly all my online purchases.

That link Adrian posted has been on Martin Lewis's site for a very long time.

You do as you wish UB, frankly I give up posting here as you seem to love disparaging everything anyone else posts.

"That link Adrian posted has been on Martin Lewis's site for a very long time." Wrong, this is a different site altogether, maybe it tries to provide the same service but it is not the same link/site at all.

If you read what Martin Lewis states on his site, Amazon searches more often point you to higher priced entries for the same goods. I have seen this on several things I was about to buy via their standard search results. I recently found a router that was £57 cheaper than the listing I was first presented.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »

Dunno, actually.

I've bought a few TV tuners recently, so I got it to search for "Nova USB", which should have been enough to identify my favourite tuner from Hauppauge. 

On Amazon, that search results in a top-hit of "Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T USB Stick", which is the device I had in mind, at £31.03.  Same search via Adrian's link found something that looks the same, but calling itself "Hauppauge Nova T Basic", at £17.10.  I'm not sure if that's actually the same device, but it's certainly something I'd have looked into if I were buying another one.

The cheaper device does show up on the Amazon's own search as well if I search by category ( computers & accessories) and order by price, but I must admit I could have missed it. 

Maybe that's the real lesson though, always search amazon  'by category' and order 'by price'...?

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 09:52:56 AM »

You are right Kitz,

That link Adrian posted has been on Martin Lewis's site for a very long time.

You do as you wish UB, frankly I give up posting here as you seem to love disparaging everything anyone else posts.

No one is disparaging no one........All I have stated is the same thing is available on Martin Lewis's website and if I want something from Amazon I will visit the site direct and then search for what I'm looking for.Or I will just Google the item first and more often than not Amazon will be the cheapest.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-amazon-loopholes#tool

I have posted many deals on here and on many occasions members have said that it isn't a good deal,or I wouldn't buy it because,etc..Fair enough..I don't go round saying that they are disparaging me just because they don't like what I've posted.

But,

If I have caused you offence I apologise,that wasn't my intention
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:01:27 AM by UncleUB »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 01:18:17 PM »

Adrian...  Im so sorry if I started something..  thank you for posting linkies..  I didnt intend on being disparaging either, I thought I was perhaps missing something.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »

Stop posting deal links.

Now you made me buy a Canon 550D camera. :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

Let's not forget the Kitz shop which costs shoppers no more but earns a few pennies for supporting this site. :)

Thank you for the reminder Eric. I had totally forgotten about it . . .  :doh:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 10:38:39 PM »

Stop posting deal links.

Now you made me buy a Canon 550D camera. :)

It's a slippery path. You'll soon be spending every penny you've got on camera gear. ;D
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 10:45:16 PM »

Spending all those pennies! He'll get a hernia just taking them to the shop. :crazy: ;D

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

I have been there before Roseway, I used to do a lot, very lot of SLR film photography but this will be my first digital SLR.  I have not gone down the bundle route and have bought a body and a fixed focus 50mm lens but will add zoom later.

I have an old Metz 45 flash gun but even though I have got an adapter to lower the triger voltage to below 6 volts I will be scared the first time I try it on the new SLR.

Pages: [1] 2