Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: CD drawer will not open/eject disk  (Read 3367 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
CD drawer will not open/eject disk
« on: September 14, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »

Hi

Hope someone can help me please.  The CD ROM drawer on my old PC is not allowing me to eject it, there's a CD in it but it won't let me take the CD out.  It worked ok with the previous CD (files on disk) and it ejected ok but now I've put this other CD in (files on disk again) I can open the contents on screen but when I try to open the drawer (eject) it won't open, either by the button on my keyboard or by the button on the CD drive itself nor when I put a paper clip into the small aperture on the drive itself.  I have restarted the PC several times too all to no avail. 

I have OS Win 98SE which is NOT online as it's only used for artwork and letters etc.  This is the only time the drawer has jammed up as I use it a lot for my Publishing suite CD's and was working fine until this particular disk was put in.  Would really appreciate some help please, many thanks.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: CD drawer will not open/eject disk
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »

You say you have tried the paper clip, but did you have the pc switched off when you tried? If not then try it with the pc off. It could be that something is trying to read the disc.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »

You say you have tried the paper clip, but did you have the pc switched off when you tried? If not then try it with the pc off. It could be that something is trying to read the disc.

Hi Colin
Thanks for that, just been to try again but no joy then I thought blow this and started boot up again and then tried to eject as it was booting up...phew....it opened!!  I tried it before so perhaps a combination of both has done the trick lol....Many thanks for your help and I've tried putting in another disk and closed and ejected the drawer several times, must have been summat with the other disk that stopped it opening - as you saying might have been reading it and so wouldn't "let go" (the swine!!) lol.

Thanks again.
Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »

It must have been an interesting read for the pc then. :lol:
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »

Good job :thumbs:
  Eric

anything