Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yet more call charge increases  (Read 1893 times)

waltergmw

• Kitizen
Yet more call charge increases
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »

Gentlefolk,

This seems a very unfortunate matter, although I suppose some may be able to avoid more increases by changing their phone provider.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14677298

It would be of some comfort if we could observe that BT is trying to economise by some rationalisation of their workforce and administrative procedures.

Kind regards,
Walter

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Yet more call charge increases
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »

Once again a large utilities company just increasing their prices whenever they see fit...disgraceful  >:(

I suppose they have to make up shortfalls in company pensions somehow. >:(

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
Re: Yet more call charge increases
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »

This seems a very unfortunate matter, although I suppose some may be able to avoid more increases by changing their phone provider.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14677298

It would be of some comfort if we could observe that BT is trying to economise by some rationalisation of their workforce and administrative procedures.
I left BT last year due to the constant price rises but I read in that article that prices will be frozen until 2013 and about time too.

I know that 5% isn't that much but when you factor the 9% increase earlier this year, and the 10% last year it is a bit of an insult in these austerity times.

p.s. the 10% hike last year was the reason why I left BT and moved to O2.

O2 put their telephone packages up too but just the once although I expect other telco companies to follow BT's lead - a bit like the UK energy market - one company rises prices and then they all do it  ???
Mike