Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Meltdown !  (Read 1221 times)

scottiesmum

Meltdown !
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »

'Allo   phew  'Allo   ;D     the mercury is in overdrive ......39° yesterday and it erupted in the inevitable thunder thing  :o    Our near neighbour had told us that they  would be away overnight, but that the lovely Labrador would be at home.  She has a garage (the dog that is )  to sleep in with all comforts; but prefers to sleep outside under a huge weeping fir tree.  The one problem, she goes bananas when there is a thunder storm.   Late evening, I was catching up with  my Damages DVD (superb series by the way  ;D)  hubby had departed to the land of nod; all doors and windows were open; suddenly the wind started with very strong gusts, and I though  oh- oh  ! went out onto the terrace and watched the lightening forking across the sky in rapid successions, some lovely colours, but I didn't hang about as I really do not like it  .... THEN, I thought about Katya (the Labrador)   :o  hot footed it, (pun intended  :D) through the vines, not happy with the flashing, and, by this time, crashing  :o :o   I found her in a very anxious state, put a lead on her and brought her home.  Scotty by this time was all of a tremble;so I had two jelly like doggies to cope with.  Anyway, despite the   'son et lumière' show carrying on for about 2 hours I did manage to sleep and the dogs looked after each other  ;D  This morning at 6.30   :o :o  I took her back.  It's hot, hot, hot again   .... I'm shattered  .....   lazy afternoon on the cards.  I might catch up on the Damages again, which I had to abandon.   

Hope everyone is in the pink  ...  take care, and have a good Sunday  :)

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Meltdown !
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »

Ooooo! we are at the dizzy heights of 200 today. No thunder just a gentle breeze. :)
Now we are getting to know who is really getting frightened of the thunder, you need two dogs to keep you company now eh!
Well done for looking after your neighbours pet.
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Meltdown !
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »

Hello all  :)

39c,thunderstorms,poor frightened doggies...... :o

Hope all concerned are ok  :)....It was strange but Blue hated thunder,but wasn't bothered by fireworks  :shrug2:

Just been for a bit of medicine,only to come home to fine S.I.L after my plums :o :blush: ;D

Wasn't very pleased when I said it was either P.Y.I or an extra 20p a lb if we picked them  :lol:......what?  :shrug2:..got to fund my new lap top somehow. :lol:

anything