Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Friday(not Thursday)Chat  (Read 3982 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Friday(not Thursday)Chat
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »

We haven't had a daily chat for quite some time so..

Good morning all  :)

A nice sunny morning here at present,

Not much happening today,Sue has gone up to the country park for a try out on her new bike(birthday pressie from me)  :)

She has gone with my B.I.L who is a proficient road racing cyclist.Its lovely up at

http://www.rothervalleycountrypark.co.uk/

You can cycle/walk round the lakes and its nice and flat.My sis lives on the edge of it so Sue will just leave the car there and they will cycle down.

The new baby is called ..........Oliver. :)....Undecided on a middle name yet.Sue wanted the middle name to be James,That was her late husbands middle name(he died age 40 from Leukaemia)  :(

I hope you all have a nice day,right I'm off to check my plums...... :blush:  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:34:14 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

Re: Thursday Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »

'Allo 'Allo Unc    .....   Lovely name Oliver  .....

Quiet in the vines at the moment  -   it's lunch time - and nothing gets in the way of lunch  :D    another hot one here and tomorrow the forecast is for 38° (well it is August  ;D )  so we are on early starts and lazy days at the moment 8)

Lovely Park Unc, hope Sue enjoys the cycling :)      Hope all's well with the plums Unc   ;D
Enjoy the day all, keep well and take care  :)

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »

Sipping a Matcha Latte at present having just got back from the forest where Rufus had a mud bath and dug several holes. The Hobbies and Peregrines gave us a good display this morning as things warm up after the wetting yesterday and the insects are rising again which means more prey to hunt.

The central locking is playing silly bees on my car so will be playing with that later on.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: FRIDAY Chat
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:17:46 AM »

Good morning all, even if you did get the day of the week wrong. ;D

It's a lovely sunny warm day here, and they're playing cricket at The Oval, so all is well with the world.

Hearing about Sue going out cycling shames me a bit, because I have a perfectly good bike in the garage, only needing its tyres to be pumped up, but it hasn't been used for a couple of years. My feeble excuse is that it's quite hilly round here. I really must give myself a kick up the posterior.

Have a good day all :)
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 11:33:27 AM »

Good morning all, even if you did get the day of the week wrong.
  :-[

Will rectify  ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Friday(not Thursday)Chat
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »

Hearing about Sue going out cycling shames me a bit, because I have a perfectly good bike in the garage, only needing its tyres to be pumped up, but it hasn't been used for a couple of years. My feeble excuse is that it's quite hilly round here. I really must give myself a kick up the posterior.

Sue hasn't been on a bike since her childhood so she is finding it a bit tough at present,especially on the old legs..

I myself have never had a bike and my only dabble on one was about 18 years ago at Center Parks,which resulted it the bike going over tree roots,me going into the nettles and my nether regions......lets not go there  :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »

I didn't notice the day either   ;D

I really must give myself a kick up the posterior.        Allow me Eric  .....       :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »

I'm not a cyclist    :'(    .....I had a very bad accident on a bicycle when I was 15;  ended up in a gravel pit tangled in a barbed wire fence   ..... had 59 stitches in my face  ( so many because they were very tiny ones which are only noticeable to me, and less so with the passage of time  ;D) a broken nose,  and to this day I have a tiny piece of gravel embedded on the inside of my lip ........     gosh I sound like something from a horror film    :D . Needless to say I've never bothered with a bicycle since  :'(      Hubby was a racing cyclist in the UK,  and has done thousands of kms here ......  he was delighted that I wasn't keen  ...  it's his means of escape   :lol:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 12:04:17 PM »

Hubby was a racing cyclist in the UK,  and has done thousands of kms here ......  he was delighted that I wasn't keen  ...  it's his means of escape   :lol:

Thats what he thought   :lol:

scottiesmum

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »

:lol:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 12:59:50 PM »

:lol:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »

Kitz Cycling Club.........

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »

I was only saying to my family yesterday that we have not been on our bikes much this year, we tend to keep off road and use old railway tracks cycle ways and intend to do this one next at 'Monsal Trail Derbyshire'
http://www.peakdistrict-nationalpark.com/monsal-trail-railway-tunnels-to-reopen.aspx
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 01:31:47 PM »

ATM tossing coin, which route to take for a there'n back from Ringwood to Gillingham, Dorset. The choice is cross country on winding roads, or main roads. Normally both take same time, but what with Bournemouth Airshow and holiday traffic? :-\

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:06 PM »

The happy cyclist has returned...legs like jelly. ;D She cycled 4 miles around Rother Valley Country Park   :clap2:
Pages: [1] 2