Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FireFox 6  (Read 12115 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: FireFox 6
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 10:31:20 PM »

I have kept my FF up to date on my main systems, my W2K box cannot run FF after V12, but the others run 23.1 and I use Add-on Compatibility Reporter to allow me to keep those running which on the face of it wont work but usually do run fine.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »

I had the old thoughts as Old Fogey,  I then switched to Pale Moon, which is a slightly stripped version of Firefox, and am just about  to download v 23.4.  Never had a problem with it.
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 01:11:48 PM »

Up until now I always kept my version of firefox at version 5 or below, that way all my installed add-ons kept working.
However, I recently allowed firefox to update to the current version of 23.0.1 to see what happened and if there was any major difference only to find all of my add-ons still work, although a couple of them do have to be updated, other than that I haven't noticed any difference.

Ive continued to update as soon as each new stable release came out.  In all that time all my add-ons have continued to work.  - bar one which was a skin so not that bothered.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 02:54:20 PM »

Latest stable version just been released...Firefox 24

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

No sooner is one version released than the next one comes out.. :-X

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »

That should have read the same thoughts as........
Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »

Latest stable version just been released...Firefox 24

I'm posting this running V24 and all my add-ons are working....

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

Up until now I always kept my version of firefox at version 5 or below, that way all my installed add-ons kept working.
However, I recently allowed firefox to update to the current version of 23.0.1 to see what happened and if there was any major difference only to find all of my add-ons still work, although a couple of them do have to be updated, other than that I haven't noticed any difference.

I've continued to update as soon as each new stable release came out.  In all that time all my add-ons have continued to work.  - bar one which was a skin so not that bothered.
I think what may of happened is shortly after v5 as there was a series of update all in quick succession, so maybe that was to correct or improve on previous version problems.

But no matter it sorted now, which was the point of letting people know that if anyone like myself was holding back on updating it now seems fairly safe to do so.

Good luck.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »

What happened to installing updates without restarting? I am sure this was promised about 2 years ago?

I too gave up using Firefox and I have used Chrome for almost 2 years now. Firefox just seems 'slow' to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]