Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FireFox 6  (Read 12110 times)

scottiesmum

Re: FireFox 6
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 08:26:13 AM »

I haven't had this problem Mike   :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »

No sooner has FF6 graced our pc's ......Firefox 7.0 Beta 1  :-X

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

scottiesmum

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 03:15:51 PM »

Oh crippy crumbs  ....   :'(    I'm doing nothing yet  ...I've just got  my add ons sorted and up and running   :-X

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 06:05:38 PM »

Hi
@curlywhirly:I've just upgraded to Firefox 6 and since upgrading I have found that I have to enter my password into various sites that I've registered with !
I had a similar problem with some sites (tesco). It was not FF problem .It seems when you save password ,it is linked directly to a particular URL. In my case I found that Tesco had changed the log on  page to a different URL. WHY FF did not ask if I wanted to save this new version of the password I don't know . But when I cleared the original saved password ,I was correctly asked if I wanted to save the password on the new log in page . If that makes sense .
It may be that the save password routine only accepts one entry for a site?
I will now check if this works for other sites .
Regards Jeff 
zen user

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 07:05:15 PM »

Hi
Regarding the install.rdf file . The path given
C:\Users\[your user name here]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[sometext].default and search for the install.rdf file

does not work .I cannot see anything of AppData .
however if using windows explorer I search for I search for install.rdf then I do get a list of files
like this one
C:\Users\jeff\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\6zvgpr9m.default\extensions\{3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c}
if I open file location i get to C:\users\install see attach 1
which is the text file containing the RDF file
if I click the users folder I get /Jeff see attach 2

attach 3 is just some of the rdf files .
Last night I did modifi the rdf file but did not work ,I think I got tangle with the version 6 update .
I will try again .
Regards Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]
zen user

jeffbb

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »

Hi

Google Toolbar now ok  ;D

Regards Jeff
zen user

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 07:30:43 AM »

Hi

Google Toolbar now ok  ;D

Regards Jeff

Hi Jeff  :)

I use Mozilla Add-on compatibility reporter and Google TB works fine

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/add-on-compatibility-reporter/?src=api

scottiesmum

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 08:09:27 AM »

Unc  do you know how to send a 'report' ?   because, strangely, nearly ALL my add-ons are showing as not working when I click the compatibility button .....but they are working  !! :'(

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 09:05:51 AM »

Unc  do you know how to send a 'report' ?   because, strangely, nearly ALL my add-ons are showing as not working when I click the compatibility button .....but they are working  !! :'(

Mine too ........I guess what FireFox 6 is saying is that there not compatible,but the add-on compatibility reporter makes them work(sounds a bit crazy,but they do work ) ???  ;D

Those that are marked as not compatible,when you click on 'compatibility',it says they work,yet all those that do work in FF6 it says they don't,but they do.....Off for a paracetamol now  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:09:41 AM by UncleUB »

scottiesmum

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 09:52:10 AM »

Thank you for that   ..................    explanation !!  Unc    :'( :'( :D   I'll have a strong espresso please  ;D

feliscatusx2

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:01 PM »

I tried v6 yesterday.  It lasted around 10 minutes and I'm now back on 3.6.20.......... >:(

Some people are like slinkies: they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »

I've been using FF 6 now for a couple of days with the compatibility add-on and all my add-ons are working fine even if they are not supposed to. The only problem I had was where I think it lost or screwed my cookies and had to re-sign on to all forums. Anyway I use FEBE 7 add-on to backup and so far have not had to resort to it to get cookies back. This is under 32-bit Linux BTW. I have not yet tried FF 7 . I also run Thunderbird V6 and between them they use a fair bit of memory but I have 4 gb, so it does not cause a problem.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »

I tried v6 yesterday.  It lasted around 10 minutes and I'm now back on 3.6.20.......... >:(

Meow?

[ajb@Duo2 ~]$ rpm -q firefox
firefox-3.6.20-2.el6_1.x86_64
[ajb@Duo2 ~]$

Red Hat backport all the relevant security and bug fixes so I'm (also) perfectly happy with 3.6.20. :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »

I did update firefox once but then some of my add-ons stopped working so I downloaded my old version and reinstalled that again, then set firefox not to auto-update in the future, now I simply continue to use my "Version: 3.6.13" without any problems.

I will admit though, I only started and continue to use firefox for the benefit and availabilities of the add-ons.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »

Just thought I would revive this old thread because the previous information is now incorrect and obsolete.

Up until now I always kept my version of firefox at version 5 or below, that way all my installed add-ons kept working.
However, I recently allowed firefox to update to the current version of 23.0.1 to see what happened and if there was any major difference only to find all of my add-ons still work, although a couple of them do have to be updated, other than that I haven't noticed any difference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything