Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: LJU2 connecting help?  (Read 15850 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: LJU2 connecting help?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »

The phone is not currently in use and it is a standard wired telephone that i have plugged in, the bleeps come from the handset ear piece, and there is no dial tone.

Thank you for that clarification. It is almost as if we are playing a game of twenty questions but are you paying for a telephony service, Steve? If not, then you need to sign up and pay your money. ::)

As for getting the proposed extension to work, HP has read my mind and so I shall make a bow in his direction, letting him guide you through the steps you should take to achieve that aim. I will, of course, continue to follow this thread with interest. :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »

Well, thank you BK, but I may not be around much for the next few weeks, and I certainly don't want to monopolise anything, so I suggest that anyone who has anything to contribute does so as and when.  ;D

Good question, it never occured to me that there could be no service being paid for.....  :baby:

steve7

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

I am not paying for a phone service at the moment, i am getting Sky phone and broadband installed next week and i will see how this goes before i get the upstairs connected?  Or see if the engineer can wire it up on the day?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 02:14:58 AM »

I am not paying for a phone service at the moment, i am getting Sky phone and broadband installed next week . . .

Ah, that information certainly helps. We can therefore ignore the beeping that you have heard in the earpiece.

Or see if the engineer can wire it up on the day?

An excellent idea. Ensure that you treat the engineer well -- mugs of tea or coffee, chocolate biscuits, bacon sandwiches, etc, I'm sure you've got the idea. Choose the right moment, show her/him the extension socket you have purchased and where you would like it fitted. ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

steve7

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »

I will burakkucat and see how it goes :)

steve7

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »

Update: I now have a working phone line and socket connected up with a little help ;) thanks for helping me out everyone  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything