Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Total Madness  (Read 2668 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Total Madness
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:37:36 AM »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/262393/UK-throwing-away-1bn-of-cod-

BRITISH fishermen have been forced to discard £1billion of cod in the past 50 years because of senseless EU fishing quotas, a new report reveals today.

AdrianH

Re: Total Madness
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:46:26 AM »

Being in the EU is and always has been total madness but we seem to be stuck with it.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:52:37 AM »

The underlying problem of course is the overfishing by factory ships. The discard rules were an incredibly inept way to deal with the problem - they didn't do much to conserve stocks, they just created a lot of waste. Thankfully the EU is at last trying to do something about it, but they move VERY slowly. :(
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »

Being in the EU is and always has been total madness but we seem to be stuck with it.

http://www.express.co.uk/web/referendum  ;)

AdrianH

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 08:28:50 AM »

http://www.express.co.uk/web/referendum  ;)

Do you really think Cameron et al will take a blind bit of notice of anything the Express want?

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »

How right you are Uncy..."total madness" but isn't that always the way with the EU and the games they play?  Adrian do "they" take notice of what ANYONE wants let alone the Express?  I for one would love to see us come out of the farcical EU, giving us more money to spend on things here at home that so badly need spending on.  This whole affair leaves me seething, nothing has been done about it in all these years and we still accept what we're told to do and blow the consequences against our own population.  Can't say anymore I am always furious when speaking about the ruddy EU and its ilk....so I'd better shurrup lol.  :-X :-X :-X
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 07:56:02 PM »

Do you really think Cameron et al will take a blind bit of notice of anything the Express want?
The Government has said it will consider any public campaign backed by 100,000 signatures for a debate in Parliament.

I've signed the petition anyway !
Mike

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 01:37:33 AM »

The Government has said it will consider any public campaign backed by 100,000 signatures for a debate in Parliament.

I've signed the petition anyway !

Likewise, b*cat has made his mark. ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »

I'm not sure about this 100,000 signature milarky. Too populist, me thinks, and easily hijacked, unless there is very thorough vetting. Personally, I don't think my imagination is strong enough to believe that vetting will happen.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »

I'm not sure about this 100,000 signature milarky. Too populist, me thinks, and easily hijacked, unless there is very thorough vetting. Personally, I don't think my imagination is strong enough to believe that vetting will happen.

That's the trouble with this country,too many moaning but doing nothing about it

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »

From me no moans. About various matters I have contacted MP, councillors, and papers. That I have issues with petitions does not make me or others that may think similarly "do-nothing-about-its.

I'm think you did not mean to, but your response could show intolerance.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 12:20:32 AM »

I was taught that the definition of (the verb) to moan was to complain without a cause (for complaint). ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 06:38:21 AM »

From me no moans. About various matters I have contacted MP, councillors, and papers. That I have issues with petitions does not make me or others that may think similarly "do-nothing-about-its.

I'm think you did not mean to, but your response could show intolerance.

I wasn't meaning you personally in my response and I stick by what I said,it doesn't show intolerance at all.

People sit on their back sides,a lot don't even vote at elections,yet all they do is moan and complain.You are correct renloup,not every petition or letter to your MP etc gets you anywhere,but I have found on occasions it does.  :)

camallison

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 08:27:43 AM »

Far better to make your point and sign than stay with the "Apathy Party".

Colin

anything