Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: LAN playing up on new P67A-D3-B3  (Read 3413 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
LAN playing up on new P67A-D3-B3
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »

this problem happens randomly but at least twice per day...

it will be working fine connecting to the router via lan within 1-2 seconds once windows is loaded, we have an SSD installed and it takes a mere 15 seconds to get to desktop.. internet is available within 1-2 secs (normal) now what happens is all of a sudden when i boot into windows 7 it will not connect.. a red X appears over it.. THEN a yellow triangle with ! in it, when hover mouse over it says identifying...it connects after APPROX 64 seconds.. ive opened the connection settings and watched it each time and its approx 1:03-1:04 it connects... my router is a Netgear DG834GT 100Mbps and works fine with all the other PC's..it aint the router as it works for a while - I can fix it by doing a fresh re-install of the driver (uninstall, reboot, reinstall) - when I reboot after that its fine... for a few reboots... then it will just start doing ti again..I will boot into windows and it will take 63-64 seconds to connect and continue to do so for every boot until I re-install driver, does this about 2-3 times per day when on all day/night.

can anyone help me with this? iam desperate as ive just built this £650 PC tower for my dad to play FSX on and its playing up - he lives 350 miles away and we are going up on sunday to take it up where i will only be staying a few days... he is unable to replace boards or do most stuff to fix problems so I must get it sorted before I go up - ive been suffering with this since sunday when I built it and Gigabyte have not replied to my emails and Gigabyte forum staff & users just say "update firmware" which I did tot no avail...

iam really stressed out because I have 2 other computers to sort out by tonight and a website to finish before weekend and this is pee-ing me off cos I cant just leave it and have to spend all my time on it until i know its 100% sorted.

wished i went with the MSI board now.. I chose Gigabyte as i thought they were reliable...obviously not, this isnt the only problem im having.. Vcore is missing from voltages, CPU-z and HWmonitor do not read the Vcore voltage either - but this lan problem is most important for me... whats point of having a £650 PC that boots in seconds if you have to wait for a dodgy LAN connection to connect in 64 seconds after windows is loaded?

any help would be great

thanks
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

jeffbb

• Kitizen
Re: LAN playing up on new P67A-D3-B3
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:26:27 PM »

Hi
You say the router works with the other PCs?
Is that at the same TIME

Have you tried Running the problem PC on its own
Have tried different cables /sockets  to the router .
Can your PC connect Wirelessly 

Regards Jeff
zen user

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »

tried everything...

works fine for 3-4 hours (even rebooting) then all of a sudden when reboot again it its doing it - another Gigabyte mobo user is having same problem with same LAN chip

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »

ive temporarily fixed it by manually assigning the IP Addresses for networking into the adapter settings (IPv4) - it seems to be the auto-negotiating of DHCP but only after a set amount of time has passed does it start happening - anyway its fine now but ive alerted Giagbyte to potential driver conflicts as IRQ and FIFO tests failed on the adapter and the adapter crashed after those tests.