Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Major Forum Upgrade.  (Read 10748 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Major Forum Upgrade.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 11:43:23 AM »

Yes the orange/pale blue skin you saw is the default SMF theme and I was working very late last night trying to iron out a few things, some of which required me switching between the default skin and our custom skin.

Although Ive been working on a 'test forum' for the past few weeks trying to make sure I could do as much as I could before performing the work on the live platform, there are still a few things that dont become apparent until they are applied on the live system.

So if you see the orang/pale blue skin, thats just me tweaking a few things on the core, and its only temporary whilst Im looking at some of the underlying stuff.

>> with the online help not working properly,

Yep the problem was with the core template.  I am glad to say that should now fixed.

>> One minor point is that the logout and print (or mark read when viewing a topic)  buttons dont show properly for me using FF V5.

This is most likely to be a caching problem... probably not helped by the fact that I have been switching between the 2 templates so many times.

I had the same problem myself this morning in both chrome + firefox 5 until I did a hard refresh using Ctrl + F5. 
It seems to occur each time I upload a new CSS or switch templates... and its always the "last button" in the row that goes walkabout until you do a full refresh.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Re: Major Forum Upgrade.
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »

Just like to add my three pen'orth in your praise Kitz. I'm sure you get enormous satisfaction from the updating of the forum and the glitchless reloading of the database but it takes a lot of effort and heavy concentration so you must be worn out. As others have said the result is fine and maybe a little faster to load and no doubt future mods will be easier with SMF 2. Thanks.
Tony
Pages: 1 2 [3]