Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Revolver Maps  (Read 3804 times)

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
Revolver Maps
« on: July 17, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »

Just bumped into Revolver Maps. Well - I think they're rather neat. So put a globe on my own website - now just need to collect more hits to see the results - My modem stats

Cheers,
Peter

AdrianH

Re: Revolver Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 01:18:36 PM »

Nice find, I have uses for that! Visted your site , I am not in Leeds but that is what the Geo location is for my ISP.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »

So put a globe on my own website - now just need to collect more hits to see the results - My modem stats

I've just visited your site and my hit was shown as from Bury St Edmunds (correct), Norfolk (incorrect - the county should be Suffolk, D'oh!).
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:25:04 AM »

Code: [Select]
my hit was shown as from Bury St Edmunds (correct), Norfolk (incorrect - the county should be Suffolk, D'oh!).My own hits show that I've moved from Herts to Surrey, but the town is correct. I wonder what database they use?
I also use http://beta.statcounter.com to log visits - the little 4 digit counter at the bottom left corner. It also lists the town correctly and but the wrong county.
Cheers,
Peter

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:39:50 PM »

Im not sure which database revolver maps use..  but a lot of sites use ip2location database.

I tend to find that most sites will either list my location as London (my current ISP address) or Sheffield (my previous ISP address - no idea how that data was carried across to a new IP) 

.... and more recently Leeds which is incorrect but Im seeing a lot of sites assuming thats where Im located.  Revolver maps seems to put me at Leeds too. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything