Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sort pic files by time and date taken with retention of Exif  (Read 3015 times)

renluop

• Kitizen

I open a folder that contains pictures; right click and choose sort by date taken. No problem, except that the times do not seem in order.

Does a program exist that sorts both the date and then the time of day taken in to  order with retention of Exif data? Please! :)

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
Re: Sort pic files by time and date taken with retention of Exif
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »

Hmm. What OS are you using? I suppose Vista or Win7. I can't see that sort option on XP.
Are you sure that the files contain Exif data?
Sorting by Date taken works OK for me on Vista. I note that the dates are the same as Date modified, as I haven't fiddled with the photos.
Did you also try clicking at the top of the Date taken column - on my Windows Explorer that can reverse the sort order - date and time ascending or descending.
Cheers,
Peter

renluop

• Kitizen
Re: Sort pic files by time and date taken with retention of Exif
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »

Hi Peter! :)
Win7Home Premium  Most if not all have Exif. I'll somehow find a way to get any strays placed in to order once the bulk are dealt with.

That the sequence was correct was only clear when I opted, after your comment, on "Details" view. Tiles makes them seem random.

Thanks.

anything