Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 14th July !  (Read 1345 times)

scottiesmum

14th July !
« on: July 14, 2011, 09:08:34 AM »

'Allo 'Allo  All  .....   a very lazy start to our day here  for the Fête Nationale .   My yellow duster continues to dominate  ;D     It's hushed in the vineyards this morning apart from the birdsong, no whirring or toc toc of tractors,  it is literally the Day of the Fête  :D        We are spoiled for choice as to what to do; we have the 4 day  International Horse Jumping in the beautiful setting of the Citadel in our nearest town about 10 kms away. There is the annual summer music festival in full swing in  almost every town, Products of the 'Terroir' at country fairs .....and tonight we have the spectacle with a fireworks and laser display.  Our plan is to have a continuing lazy day, then this evening eat at a rather nice pavement restaurant then watch the fireworks.  We'll be visiting the Horse Jumping at some time during the 4 days.  A shoppy/lunch day us planned at some time during my friend's stay and generally just enjoying it.   Hubby is enjoying  himself too, with the Tour de France, the Golf and the ear plugs  ;D

Hope everyone is in the pink   ...... take care all.    I'm off to provide coffee on the terrace and soak up the  :sun:

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: 14th July !
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »

Good morning Kate/all  :)

This is for your husband Kate. I'm sure by the end of the week he will have earned it  :lol:

Enjoy your get together with your fiend friend  ;D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »

Morning Kate, Phil, everyone. :)

The next few days sound like fun in France. But I should let you know that we'll be having something very similar in the UK. I've heard that they're going to dust off Gordon Brown, who will be kicking off the fun with an exciting lecture on financial prudence. After that everyone will be issued with sparklers, but we won't be allowed to light them for health and safety reasons. The day will finish with a free glass of water for us all. See, we do know how to enjoy ourselves over here! :oldman:
  Eric

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »

I've heard that they're going to dust off Gordon Brown, who will be kicking off the fun with an exciting lecture on financial prudence.

Pity civil servants in Westminster aren't listening  >:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14148687

Bonuses of up to £20,000 will reportedly be awarded to more than 1,000 senior Whitehall civil servants.

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:48:07 PM »

Just popped in again  ......      we are suitably sun drenched  and now preparing to go and join the festivities.       :lol: :lol:   @ Eric   ..... Water  !! it's for ducks    !!   ooops  sorry TD    :lol:

Thank you for the medal Unc   ..............    :P  :D   I was going to lend him  my   Légion d'honneur     ;D

A plus !

anything