Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Login Box  (Read 6578 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Login Box
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:04:17 PM »

Kitz You have a Problem .
Should I be getting a 'Password' box come up when I click on this page.?
It is for a another forum. :o
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Login Box
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:08:05 PM »

I think Ive just seen it myself mike.

Gonna try contact my hosts asap
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
Site Problem.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 11:17:05 PM »

I keep getting a password box pop up when I click on certain pages.
http://www.mepislovers.org  :o
Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Site Problem.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »

My hosts immediately took the site off-line whilst they investigated the problem. 
Sorry there wasnt time to warn anyone about this, and I support their action of doing so.

In actual fact the login box was from mepislovers - MEPIS being a linux distro.  Must admit it gave me a bit of a shock too  :-[

Problem occured due to an error or config problem at mepislovers, and the reason we were seeing it here due to a hotlinked image on their servers.

Big thank you to the guys at Vidahost who responded so quickly and found out the problem was - particulary when this was "out of hours".

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

tickmike

• Kitizen
Re: Login Box
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 12:24:51 AM »

Glad your server chaps sorted it quick.   :)

I did see this on that site

" Site experiencing database errors
I've contacted the tech support people for the server and hopefully this will get fixed soon. There was and could still be, a hacker that tried using a script on the forums. If the site goes down, just give it a few minutes before trying to access it again. If you find you can't get on or do much, then get help at mepis.org forums until this problem is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:35:48 AM »

That wasnt there when I looked at the time we had the problem - there was just the standard "site down " + "database error" messages on a white page.... although I just saw that that message is up there now.

Mepislovers must have password protected their images folder whilst they tried to isolate the problem and thats why we were seeing the login box so many times over here.

Like you though - I went OMG when I saw that appearing so many times.  :o

-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 07:30:51 AM »

This is terribly embarrassing, but you can all blame me for this. The cute little smiley in my sig was a link to the Mepis site. I'm now going to spend a month in the naughty corner. Sorry all! :-[
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 08:44:02 AM »

Eric,   I knew that penguin was too amorous  ;D   but I'm sure Kitz will forgive you   ......  I do    :hug: 

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »

Eric,seeing you are in the naughty corner for a month,you can borrow my chair,yes thats it in the corner the well worn one.  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »

Of course youre forgiven eric -
You cant be in the naughty corner too long, cause I need my mod to keep an eye on things and tell others to go stand in the naughty corner  :lol:

Ive even put a copy of the smiley here just for you. :linux:
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »

You're all very kind. :flower:
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 09:23:24 PM »

This is terribly embarrassing, but you can all blame me for this. The cute little smiley in my sig was a link to the Mepis site. I'm now going to spend a month in the naughty corner. Sorry all! :-[

Opp's I did think of you when I noticed it was Mepis,
But then I thought it was something to do with the update Kitz did the other day.
It was odd at the time when it was happening.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 01:07:30 AM »

>> It was odd at the time when it was happening

It was very odd at the time...
but I actually find it quite amusing now and I had a laugh about it once I realised what what it was.  ;D
-----

anything