Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adsl router and DECT phone noise  (Read 7787 times)

razpag

• Reg Member
Re: Adsl router and DECT phone noise
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:48 PM »

No probs, as Moderator could you start the new thread off please ???

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 07:32:30 PM »

PS .... just thinking out loud, but 'back in the day' when BB was first introduced into the market place, it was all fixed-rate wasn't it ?? As such, was there actually a DLM in place ?? Did that not come along when the rate-adaptive products were launched ????

I'm not telling, more enquiring, as I didn't do Broadband faults back when fixed-rate was all one could have. 

And a fixed rate is what I have now. I was put onto a 4mb speed (12db) fixed speed as part of the trouble shooting/resolution when I recently had a bad network issue. And personally its suits me perfectly - the connection is stable and now performs very well (touch wood). Bearing in mind that I'm a bit of distance from the exchange I would rather have much improved stability/reliability at the expense of sacrificing some speed. And it means I can turn the router off at night !

Being contraversial - Is the DLM worth it?

bbnovice

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »

Sorry roseway...just seen your earlier post. Apologies.

razpag

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 07:52:17 PM »

PS .... just thinking out loud, but 'back in the day' when BB was first introduced into the market place, it was all fixed-rate wasn't it ?? As such, was there actually a DLM in place ?? Did that not come along when the rate-adaptive products were launched ????

I'm not telling, more enquiring, as I didn't do Broadband faults back when fixed-rate was all one could have. 

And a fixed rate is what I have now. I was put onto a 4mb speed (12db) fixed speed as part of the trouble shooting/resolution when I recently had a bad network issue. And personally its suits me perfectly - the connection is stable and now performs very well (touch wood). Bearing in mind that I'm a bit of distance from the exchange I would rather have much improved stability/reliability at the expense of sacrificing some speed. And it means I can turn the router off at night !

Being contraversial - Is the DLM worth it?

We've never done a 4Meg fixed-rate product. You have a rate-adaptive product capped at 4Meg.
Pages: 1 [2]