Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Friday fripperies  (Read 1839 times)

Scottiesmum

• Reg Member
Friday fripperies
« on: October 04, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »

'Allo all     .... Friday finds its way around again   :o   a bit of a thundery patch once more this morning  .  It appears to be siesta time here, hubby and Scotty both in the land of nod - for the first time this week I don't feel  the need to fall asleep every hour so I've been catching up on some filing and then decided to 'look in' to see who is about; most people are otherwise engaged, but whatever you are up to hope it's enjoyable  :)

It's a waiting day today chez nous  ... waiting for the new chairs and then for my brother and sister-in-law to arrive - I'm trying to decide if I can get to the doors to close them before Scotty makes an exit and 'worries' the delivery driver  ;D   he doesn't bite, just make a heck of a noise - perhaps I should close them now    ::) didn't think of that (although thundery it's warm and a bit heavy). 
doors now closed   .....     

I mentioned to one of hubby's  "angels" (he calls them his Charlie's Angels  ;D ) yesterday that we had a bit of an issue with him getting into the verandah.  There is access from the terrace and from the kitchen, but the kitchen access has a step up, which is more than difficult for him.  He could go out of other doors (where we have ramps now) and onto the terrace and back in again .  OK if the weather permits, but we really need a long term solution.  Can't have a ramp from the kitchen.   Anyway, this morning's "angel' informed us that an Ergotherapist will be coming to weigh it all up.  We have been provided with lots of aides to make mobility easier for hubby, and this is the only outstanding problem.  To be honest we hadn't thought about it prior to the thundery rain  ::)  It's amazing what you take for granted when you're fully fit.

Well folks - take care and have a good day  ....ttfn   :)

It's today that matters !

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Friday fripperies
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 06:23:25 PM »

'Evening, S*mum.

b*cat's main task for today was to go out for the weekly groceries. :yum:  (Kittehs need to eat.) There were occasional wet bits falling from the sky onto my fur  :(  . . . but not enough to make me really grumpy.  >:(  I think the wind (a very warm wind, I noticed) was keeping the wet bits at bay.

Hope your new chairs have now been safely delivered and are up to the specifications required by your establishment.

It is now time for me to eat . . . so I may be gone a while.  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

anything