Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Toilets For The Disabled, UK Map Wanted.  (Read 12263 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Toilets For The Disabled, UK Map Wanted.
« on: June 12, 2011, 04:37:26 PM »

We sometimes take a friend out who needs the disabled toilets and has been given a 'Radar' key to get in them, But the main problem for us is finding the toilets.
As anyone got or knows where I can download a free UK map with the toilets marked on ?

We know they are on sale from the radar web site. !
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

AdrianH

tickmike

• Kitizen
Re: Toilets For The Disabled, UK Map Wanted.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 12:02:41 AM »

Thanks for the links, but, the first one you need a mobile with the internet  :'( our phones take photo's and make phone calls.
Second link only seems to have a small database as it's still an ongoing project.

Anybody know of any more sites ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:22:42 AM »

Need a loo is free, but isn`t really a map.

You`d need to plan in advanced where you are going, but its free.

http://www.needaloo.org/

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:34 PM »

That looks very useful  ;D ..Thanks.

stevie

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »

There are some obvious Loos available to those with disabilities and those without disablities, which many folks forget about.

Crematoriums have disabled facilities, I checked a few locations and they aren`t listed, ALL should have disabled facilities available, most will not be in-town and maybe just outside so well worth checking beforehand - most will likely only be office hours - I guess most wouldn`t think of these, but as they sometimes "needs must" and generally the facilities are clean and checked throughout the day.

geep

• Reg Member
    • My ST546 Statistics
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »

Just took a look at needaloo. For my town it's quite out of date. Most loos have been closed by the council in order to save money. I suspect that this is becoming common. Don't forget that most big Sainsburys and Tescos have loos suitable for disabled people - but I guess you already know that.
Cheers,
Peter

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 11:11:40 PM »

Don't forget that most big Sainsburys and Tescos have loos suitable for disabled people - but I guess you already know that.

Yes we did, But we found out last Saturday, after 10pm they are closed   :( (re Sunday trading law )
Also we found some of the new 20p pay toilets the 'Radar key' does not fit.

scottiesmum

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:46 AM »

Mike,  to make life easier,  why not  just buy the Radar Guide   ..............   that's my feminine logic coming to the fore    ;D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 08:32:31 AM »

Mike,  to make life easier,  why not  just buy the Radar Guide   ..............   that's my feminine logic coming to the fore    ;D

£20 is a lot to spend a penny  ;D

http://www.radar-shop.org.uk/Detail.aspx?id=44

scottiesmum

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »

:D  Unc  .....    but think of the  relief  ........  of knowing where they are  >:D

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:59 AM »

:D  Unc  .....    but think of the  relief  ........  of knowing where they are  >:D

We didn't have those when as a lad my grandad use to take me fishing...It was case of (censored)  :lol:

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »

:o

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

£20 is a lot to spend a penny  ;D

You can get last years for £8.
whsmith.co.uk

And Amazon had this years for £13
Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available.
amazon.co.uk

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:01:34 AM by BritBrat »

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 12:35:05 PM »

£20 is a lot to spend a penny  ;D

You can get last years for £8.
whsmith.co.uk

And Amazon had this years for £13
Temporarily out of stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available.
amazon.co.uk

Thanks, but spend money :no: .... no

Pages: [1] 2

anything