Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Page - Connectors  (Read 10499 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
New Page - Connectors
« on: October 06, 2007, 11:04:55 PM »

Networking and Telephone Connectors

Bit of a minor one this...  but something thats been "in the background" for a while, but never got linked properly.

Was just really created when trying to help users identify the type of connector they needed for networking purposes. 
Thought it was about time I actually added it to the main menu.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: New Page - Connectors
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 07:23:58 AM »

You might like to correct the spelling of 'moulded' (it says 'molded' in two places). :o
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:06:41 AM »

lol thanks eric - changed

(curses speil-cheekers)

- the honest truth is that I had actually typed moulded but when I ran it through the dreamweaver spell checker  it changed it  to "molded"
...  so I then checked dictionary.com - molded
- damn americans -  I have enough problems as it is with words like center/centre :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »

You're dead right about spellcheckers. I'm using Firefox here, and despite my system being carefully set up to use British dictionaries, FF still wants to change my spellings to American. ???
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 10:51:11 AM »

Ah, hoo nieds spelchequers anyweigh? :P
Chris

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »

Actually, a proper point... dunno if this would clutter that page too much or whether it's irrelevant info or not... but as you know you can plug an RJ-11 plug into an RJ-45 socket.

It seems that ADSL faceplates actually have RJ-45 sockets on them for some reason - don't know why, but they do.

Might be worth mentioning, probably not.. just thought i'd point it out :)

Nice extra little addition to the site though :)
Chris

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 11:22:12 AM »

>> It seems that ADSL faceplates actually have RJ-45 sockets on them for some reason - don't know why, but they do.

Hmm.. some do perhaps, but the ADSL Nation and Clarity faceplates I have here both have RJ-11 sockets.
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »

Funny, I bought one from Clarity... and it has an RJ-45 socket on it... I know this because I have an RJ-45 plug on the end of my wire cuz it was easier to crimp!! (my crimping tool doesn't have an RJ-11 hole and so the router end was a bit of a botch job!!)
Chris

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 03:12:18 PM »

I think I may owe you a partial apology. On closer inspection, my Clarity faceplate does have an RJ-45 (they describe it on their site as RJ11/RJ45), but the ADSL Nation one is definitely RJ-11.
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 07:23:44 PM »

No worries... apology partially accepted ;)

I haven't seen the ADSL Nation ones... I know the original BT ones (which is essentially what Clarity sells) are RJ-45.
Chris

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 11:42:28 PM »

You're dead right about spellcheckers. I'm using Firefox here, and despite my system being carefully set up to use British dictionaries, FF still wants to change my spellings to American. ???

I use FF and mine is ok, Did you install the correct one ( you have to scroll down the list to English British)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 07:28:36 AM »

>> Did you install the correct one

Yes I did. It's not a problem, because I don't use spel chequers anyway, my spelink is pritty good withowt one.
  Eric

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 08:21:46 AM »

sew eye sea :D
Chris

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 12:08:31 PM »

my spelink is pritty good withowt one.

Your lucky, my dictionary in my brain has a lot of blank pages in it ( as I suffer from word blindness ).
I'm just hoping it is not going to affect my 14 year old daughters future like it did me, because I think she suffering from it as well.
With computers and the like in this modern age she has a lot of things to help her to overcome it.
Going on forums like this one has helped me a lot, as it took a lot of courage to make my first post.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 02:11:11 PM »

Ah yes, it can be a wild place out there, particularly for people who have difficulties with words. It's not a subject I have any personal knowledge of, but I would imagine that your daughter could do a lot worse than participate in a few forums like this.
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2