Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Toosday's Talkabout  (Read 1073 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Toosday's Talkabout
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:05:56 AM »

Morning all,

Thought I'd pop in here and say hi.  Sun and cloud in these 'ere parts today after much needed rain over the last couple of days  ;D so I don't mind not having the heat atm whilst the ground and animals soak up the water.

Bit of a cob on at the moment, what with AVG playing silly beggers (posted in security) and wanting to sort that...OH is awaiting the outcome of his assessment for his Blue Badge which ran out yesterday!  They've changed all the criteria now and instead of those who know best about your ailments et al (doctors) deciding if you need one or not, they have put it in the hands of OT's to assess if you do.  I can understand their need to sort the wheat from the chaff and totally agree with it as there's some naughty peeps out there abusing the use of the badge but I did think they might have got back before the thing expired (one way or another) so as not to keep us in suspenders  ;)  Ah well, we'll see how it goes as post has been today and no sign of refusal or new badge.

Hope you all have a good day today whatever you're doing.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Toosday's Talkabout
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:19:58 AM »

Good morning Chrissie/all

The sun is shining,but its not giving out much warmth :(

I have a 'blue' badge Chrissie,and as you say there is a lot of abuse of it out there.I sometimes watch in amazement when people get out of their car and then proceed to trot off faster than I could ever walk when I was fit  :o
One example is my B.I.L's mother..she has a blue badge as she is suppose to have a dodgy hip.If you see the way she dances at parties etc... :o

She just replies......we have a good doctor.  >:(

Not much planned today,Sue won't be home till after 1pm..she has been a bit down as of late.The old boy who she does a bit of shopping for has had to go into a care home this week.He is 93 in 2 weeks time and has been struggling recently,especially with his waterworks. :(
He has got 2 nieces who live in Swansea who come and stay with him on a regular basis for a few days at a time.He has gone in for 4 weeks and then he will see how he feels as to whether he wants to return home or not.Tbh I don't think we will be able to  :(

scottiesmum

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:25:40 AM »

Chrissie  :)   and all who pass by.  We too have had some lovely rain  ( never thought I'd say that  ;D )  it's still extremely warm, excellent growing conditions but the weds grow too  :(

I do hope your Blue Badge is winging its way to you Chrissie,   it must be a worry for you.  I can't advised on the AVG thing, I gave up with AVG quite a while ago (the free one) and now use Microsoft Essentials, which appears to do what I need.  Good luck with that too.

Hospital visiting this PM for me, I've limited myself to two visits a week, due to the fact that my previous  'stint' made me quite ill in the end ..... and I can do the translating by 'phone, which I do daily.  

Enjoy your day everyone   .........   and most important  - take care  :)

Ooops    'Allo Unc  :)   you nipped in whilst I wasn't looking  ;D     A big  :hug: for Sue   ....  it's always sad when these things happen  ... but perhaps Sue will be able to visit him at the care home   ..... very sad though  :(
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:29:06 AM by scottiesmum »

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »

Ooops    'Allo Unc   :)   you nipped in whilst I wasn't looking   ;D     A big  hug for Sue    :hug:  it's always sad when these things happen  ... but perhaps Sue will be able to visit him at the care home   ..... very sad though   :(

Bonjour Kate  :flower:

The care home is only a 10 minute drive away so she is going to visit him,probably tomorrow to see how he is settling in

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:47:24 AM »

Hello everyone, sounds like the government is doing its best to make the deserving ones suffer. I agree there is much abuse of the blue badge system, but why tar everyone with the same brush. In my opinion at the end of the day the only thing that even the fraudsters are getting away with is the fees for parking. If they are parking illegally then the traffic wardens should be doing there job better, the ones that are still patrolling that is.

Although it is quite cloudy here it is still warm outside. I went out to tidy up some leaves after I cut the neighbours laurels (I think that's what they are) yesterday. After I cut the grass and tidied up. Talk about being whacked. I fell asleep on the sofa and even slept through the night as well. I don't remember a thing from putting my head on the pillow about 22:10 until being woken up about 06:45 with a wheelie bin lid being closed. A long time since that happened.

Glad you have seen the error of all that running about Kate before it did you real harm. It's so easy to do.

One has to feel sorry for the old people that are not up to looking after themselves. Whilst the mind is still active the body isn't, and they must be very frustrated at being unable to do for themselves. Let's hope things improve for him, but it may be in vain I feel.

Have a good day all.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

anything