Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sunday soundings 5th ....  (Read 2031 times)

scottiesmum

Sunday soundings 5th ....
« on: June 05, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »

'Allo 'Allo   to you all  ..... :)   Well,  yesterday we found the temperatures going up and up and up  .....it was like waiting for a pressure cooker to explode  ...  and then it did  :o    We had a humdinger of a storm early evening  ...and it torrented down   :o   a very pleasant 20° at the moment, and the garden is shouting out with joy  :D   I think it has now moved northwards, and I fear for the Tennis Final this afternoon in Paris   .......   and then I suspect it will be creeping across la Manche to the southern parts of the UK   ......  hold on to your hats  !

As a result, I've been tidying the terrace this morning  ::) rescued a couple of sorry looking cushions which are now merrily drying in the sunshine  .....  I've a feeling we might have a repeat performance later in the day  :o :o

Hope you are all well and raring to go (for your medicine Unc  :D)  and whatever else you have planned.    Just as a matter of interest,  has anyone successfully applied for Olympic
tickets ?  I've been listening to many, many disgruntled applicants; I'm aghast at the system of selling, and just wondered if anyone had any real experience on here  :-\

Take care all !  :)

PS.....   Colin II   has been very quiet  ....  I do hope he's OK  :)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Sunday soundings 5th ....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »

Good morning Kate/all  :)

Dull,breezy and cool here  :(

Yes Kate medicine for me I'm afraid...tbh I only drink to be sociable  :D

Just as a matter of interest,  has anyone successfully applied for Olympic
tickets ?  I've been listening to many, many disgruntled applicants; I'm aghast at the system of selling, and just wondered if anyone had any real experience on here

More tickets have gone to sponsors/fat cats than the British public,yet look who is picking up most of tab

The cost to sponsors....£1.4billion........the cost to the British taxpayer.........£12 billion

The whole episode of applying for tickets and then going into a lottery to see if you have been successful is nothing short of shambolic.In Germany for instance you just had to select your ticket and then pay for it there and then

City fat cats emerged victorious in the battle for Olympics tickets yesterday as organisers admitted that less than half the seats at  showpiece events are earmarked for the public.
The majority are ‘freebies’ going to a parade of corporate sponsors, Olympic bigwigs and their VIP guests.
A quarter of a million applicants failed to get a single ticket in the public ballot. But now it has emerged that only 32,000 out of 80,000 seats in the Olympic stadium – about four in ten – were even available to them for the most popular events.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394064/London-2012-Olympics-Corporate-fat-cats-half-Games-tickets.html

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:45:10 AM »

Morning Kate, Phil and all :)

No humdingers of storms here yet, just dull and damp, with some heavy rain expected tomorrow morning. It will be welcome to a lot of people.

I've got no personal interest in the Olympics, but I must say that I'm not best pleased about my taxes being spent in such a way. It's difficult to see how this enormous vanity event is going to benefit ordinary folk. But as noted before, I'm just a miserable old grumps.

Have a good day, all of you. :)
  Eric

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »

Dry and windy for us in Dorset , the forecasts here have all been wrong so far , mind you looking around at 4 different weather services they all contradict each other.

We have had no real rain here for weeks and everything is parched, we really need some prolonged rain now.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:12:55 AM »

Morning all,

Well no rain here  :( yet... I hope it does come our way Kate but it's usually a diluted effort when we get any in there 'ere parts...unless I'm wrong this time...would be good if I were as we are sooo desperate for rain here we don't have a lawn anymore  :no:

I have to go along with Eric re the Olympics - the dire waste of money in my opinion is obscene when this country needs basic services that are being cut etc etc.  If Eric is a grump then so am I (but double cos I can grump for England hehe)....so I'm sorry to those who are trying to get tickets, I shall be glad when it's over though not looking forward to the further cut backs because we've wasted our taxes on this event that is only going to last a couple of weeks....sigh....what IS wrong with human nature!!  :no:

Hope everyone is in fine fettle - enjoy your medicine Uncy...but don't take too much in one go :) (you'll make me jealous!).

Have a good day y'all and keep smiling.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »

enjoy your medicine Uncy...but don't take too much in one go  :) (you'll make me jealous!).

My days of consuming eleventeen pints are long gone  :lol: (hic)

scottiesmum

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »

My days of consuming eleventeen pints are long gone  :lol: (hic)

WUSS     :lol: :lol:

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:41:29 PM »

Hello everyone. Thank you for noticing my absence Scottiesmum. I have been having problems with the eyes, getting tired and gritty after just a few minutes reading the computer screen. I have some new specs now, a bit lighter in the pocket as well. Trying them out now and whilst there is an improvement in the reading department I can feel the grittiness returning after about thirty minutes of catch up reading. So I will keep my visits shorter than I used to, but will input whenever I am here.

Take care everyone, enjoy the thunder storms and sunshine.
Colin No.2
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 03:02:48 PM »

My days of consuming eleventeen pints are long gone  :lol: (hic)

WUSS     :lol: :lol:

:o  :D

I'll have you know I gave the barmaid £5 and told her to throw me out when I had gone.  :lol:

Nice to see you back Colin...sorry about your eye troubles.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 03:12:42 PM »

Thank you UncleUB  >> Nice to see you back Colin... <<  ;D
I can see as well now.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »

Thank you UncleUB  >> Nice to see you back Colin... <<  ;D
I can see as well now.

Oops,sorry no pun intended.  :-[

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »

I didn't think there was anything intended UncleUB. My weird sense of humour picked it out.  ;D
Don't worry I was not offended.

anything