Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: We had some...yay!  (Read 1479 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
We had some...yay!
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »

Rain that is....along with some thunder and hailstones....lasted all of about 1 hour in total (came in short sharp showers) but at least we've had some.  Hope it won't be too long before we get some more darn sarf....we needs lots I'm afraid, so apologies to those who long for the heat and sun.  Without water we're lorst so I have to say personally...bring it on but overnight would be good then we'd all be reasonably happy  ;D

Hope you all have a good day today and a nice Bank Holiday....what have you got planned?

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

Re: We had some...yay!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:48:26 AM »

'Allo'Allo Chrissie,   and anyone else who calls in  :)   ..............     I love the hot sun, but water is the most necessary commodity and by jove we need some rain   ....   since the beginning of March we have had 3 millimetres !!!!!!  that is  0.1181102362206 inches    :o      and our temperatures have already reached the low 30's  !!      There have been localised downpours, but at chez nous zilch !    this morning I can see dark grey skies in the distance all around us, and we have blue sky   !!!   mind you they do say the sun shines on the righteous  :lol:

The bank holiday here is next Thursday, but this Sunday it is Mothers Day (fête des Mères )  and if I go to any of the supermarkets  tomorrow, I'll be presented with a single rose  ....well,  I am Scotty's mum  :D  

Hospital visiting again this afternoon   ......tomorrow I'm going to run the mower over the mares tails  :-X   how can weeds grow when everything else is gasping   :'(  How's that for
 excitement  ;D  However,  I do have a shoppy/lunchy day marked down for the  middle of next week  ...... ;D

Have a good day all  ...   take care   .... :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 04:41:42 PM by scottiesmum »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »

Morning both, and anyone else who pops up. :)

Yes, we had some rain yesterday, enough to wet the surface and top up the water butts a bit. We just need another month of it now. :(

I'm going to run the lower over the mares tails

The lower what? ::) ;D  (I thought you were talking about attacking the horses for a moment.) ;D

Being retired, bank holidays don't have much significance here, except that everywhere we go is more crowded than usual. So we usually behave like a couple of old grumps and don't go anywhere. :-[

Have a good day everyone. :)
  Eric

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »

Morning afternoon all.

Rain? What is that? I think we managed 15 spots this week and we need a lot of it ......... as the kids are on holiday next week I guess we know when it will arrive  ::)

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:42:11 PM »

Eric, I don't know what you mean    :D

PS.....  just spotted that  Unc's back   :clap:  hope you had a good trip !

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »

all  :)

We have had the lot this week...Sunday and Monday gale force winds.The tent was a nightmare to put up,but it stood firm and we didn't suffer any damage(one or two hairy moments though)
We had lovely warm sunshine,especially on Wednesday when we had a lovely day visiting Southwold.

And then Thursday we had lots of heavy showers with some hail thrown in for good measure.

It was raining when we packed up this morning so the tent needs to be put back up to dry out properly.

I hope everyone is well.  :)

Just seen you Kate....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 05:03:01 PM by UncleUB »

BritBrat

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:08:40 PM »

I wonder how long it will be before these private profit making water companies will want us to stop using what we pay for.

I will ignore any water ban unless I get a discount on my bill.

Have they built any new  reservoirs around your way?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:11:58 PM by BritBrat »