Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Net Cam invisible to Home Hub 3  (Read 4815 times)

mywifeshusband

Net Cam invisible to Home Hub 3
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »

Hello Foilks

My Panasonic Net Cam BL - C131 was connected via my home network and via the web to my old BT Home Hub 2 and to my Voyager 2500 perfectly and workered perfectly well, both by Ethernet and by Wireless.

Now Iv'e been upgraded to FTTC Infinity I'm having a real problem getting it to work via the web with the BT Home Hub 3. I can connect it to work OK both wirelessly and via an Ethernet Cable to my Home Network, but not to the Web.

DNS and UPnP are both enabled and I am stumped for ideas.

The thing is that on the Home HUb 3 Manager it fails to show up at all on the 'My network' part of the 'Home Page' "No devices detected" in both wireless and ethernet categories.  Neither is it there in the graphic on the Home Network - Devices page. Yet as I say it IS actually there as I'm able to work it from the PC via the Home hub 3.

Now it does show up as Unknown-00-??-f0-??-54-b6 on the Port Forwarding page (?? I have changed a couple of didgits to ??s for security) but as there is no Panasonic Web Cam on the drop down list and I have no idea how to configure the device manually I'm stuck.

Can anyone please tell me how to get the Hub3 to see this device properly and then maybe I can get it back on the web where it needs to be.

Thanks for any help profered.

mywifeshusband

Re: Net Cam invisible to Home Hub 3
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

OK! Just to update the 100 or so of you who have views this post but have, like me, been stumped for a solution. With the help of the Panasonic UK help desk the matter has been 95% resolved. Inasmuch as it involves the mare's nest of HH3 port forwarding and may help other poor souls groping about in the dark, can I just please say don't believe everything the Home Hub 3 Manager tells you. I have my web cam up and running through the HH3 yet the camera still remains to all intents and purposes quite invisible to the HH3 Manager. I'll happily go into details if anyone is interested: otherwise this thread can close down.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Net Cam invisible to Home Hub 3
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 06:34:59 PM »

Sorry that nobody was able to help, but I'm pleased that you've found a solution. :)
  Eric