Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AgeUK  (Read 5413 times)

AdrianH

AgeUK
« on: May 03, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »

:oldman: :oldman:  

Had a leaflet drop through the door today and had a quick look at this site which has some very useful information,services and products available to the over 50's.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk  

another string to your bow when looking for holidays,utilities,insurance,annuities,equity release etc.

http://www.ageuk.org.uk/buy/  for products.

Best of all net profits from sales go back to the charity to support the work of Age UK.

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: AgeUK
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »

Thanks for the linkys, AdrianH............I'll read all that when I get up to that age... ;D

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:42:43 PM »

Going slightly OT but after a recent event of "attempting" to buy insurance from "Confused.com", can I strongly urge people to telephone whichever company you intend to buy from for confirmation for what you "THINK" they are going to buying.
Make sure you also copy down any quotation reference numbers, believe you me, they do come in handy.

My recent incident was to buy some "Empty Property insurance" (Totally empty until sold)

At the end of the quote when I went to pay by plastic a message came up saying if I wanted to reduce this quote by £30 to telephone them and let them quote for my car insurance.
Obviously not wanting to miss out on a £30 saving I phoned them (SAGA) and even then only by accident did I/we then discover they did not do the type empty property insurance I wanted and it was agreed that I could have paid for something I did not ask for and also would not be covered for, also when the chap at SAGA read out my on-line questionnaire there were 2 added questions hat had been answered that I did not even see and even if I had of seen them I would not have answered NO as was on the form but YES because that would have been the relevant reply to the question.

(Basically, the type of insurance the form was for was for empty property whilst on holiday for up-to 90 days, which is by far not the same thing)
Should the worst have happened I could have lost out to the tune of 6 figures.

I truly believe this reduction of £30 was not designed to get people to telephone them but a fault with the on-line quoting system.
Lets face it, not everyone has a car, so would not be telephoning the insurance company.

I then contacted the second company of my quote list and likewise the details were not relevant for my requirements, although they did actually do empty property insurance but £50 more than the original quote. (Fresh on behalf of Prestige insurance)
Cost £196.91 which was also approximately £80 "cheaper" than Age Concern (NOT AgeUK)

So, be warned,

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »

Thanks for the linkys, AdrianH............I'll read all that when I get up to that age... ;D

:P :P   :D

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:11:49 PM »

@OF: Good advice.
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:30:02 PM »

:lol:  @ TD 

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 05:49:25 PM »

Actually I thought that also but didn't really want to comment just in-case you thought I was trying to pull the wool over your eyes about my age.