Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to mask e-mail address?  (Read 15751 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
How to mask e-mail address?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 03:39:41 AM »

Seems to work for me OF.  Just tried it and uploaded to my site to check it works ok and it seems to.

(I think I may swap things round a bit later and write something of my own though at a later point).

One thing that does occur to me - when you paste in the script you have to do it in html view rather than design view.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 09:35:26 AM »

Just  a quick reply as I have to rush out.

Yes it was in design mode.

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 04:00:50 AM »

\:D/  
Eureka, well it now works, but to be honest I could not really describe properly what I did to get it to work,
(Only because I tried that many different things).

But, I stuck with Office XP with Front Page, "which was more than likely a bad move", because at one point (late on) I tried something that then said "Front Page can't use Web Scripting" (but it can really) it's just that it's not loaded by de-fault, it has be loaded separately, which also was not on the Office XP Pro disc, it's on the Office 2000 disc. (But I don't think that was the problem anyway).

But, I tried copying the formulae into Notepad and ran it from there, and it worked "FIRST TIME" so now I knew it was not me being TIC.

OK, copied over into FP, then noticed it was split onto different lines, this turned out to be because each time I copied the formulae I had pasted it into notepad first, then re-copied over to FP and because I had word wrap turned ON, "it put a line break into it" which then gave a wrong result.

(Nearly there)
This is where I now go and B***er it up, (but it's still working).

In design view initially I think it showed ok, but then I did something that changed it into a square box with a tick in it (but still working).
I think I put a line break at the start of the formulae to try and insert a different colour and that seemed to be the problem (but it's still working).

But in preview mode it shows "PERFECT" and that's all that matters, except it's the wrong colour.
I've tried most things but can't change the colour, I think it would have to be done in the actual formulae. But I can live with that.

The end,
Saved and switched off. (whilst it's still working).

Just need to find the Host's address/URL, which is not being very fruitful at the moment, so I'll ring them later today.
Not a company I have had dealings with in the past, and their customer control panel is rubbish. (They were not my choice).
http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Credits to yourself Kitz for your patience and help.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything