Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cannot reach websites via links in emails  (Read 2103 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Cannot reach websites via links in emails
« on: March 25, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »

Lately when I click on a link within an email nothing happens. I used to go straight to the relative web page.
How do I rectify? Could it be caused by upgrade to FF4, which I did not like and downgraded to 3.6?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Cannot reach websites via links in emails
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »

I presume that this is Windows, which I know nothing about, but my guess is that it's still pointing at the non-existent FF4. Depending on what email program you're using, you may need to configure it to point at the browser you want to use.
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Cannot reach websites via links in emails
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »

Do you have more than one browser installed ? If you are using XP/Vista you will probably have IE installed by default, as well as Firefox by choice.

In that case, I think the problem may be that Windows does not know, or has forgotten, which browser is your default choice and needs to be reminded.

Two things to try.

1) go start>control panel>add or remove programs. In there, click on "set program access and defaults" and then expand the "custom" page and ensure that FF is set as default or move the tick mark to the appropriate radio button, clicking apply/ok.

That should be sufficient,...if not try plan 2

2) Open Internet Explorer, and in the options field set it as your default browser......reboot and then reset FF as your default.

Do either of these work for you ?