Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Alternative firmware for BT 2700HGV  (Read 32635 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Alternative firmware for BT 2700HGV
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »

I don't know the answer to that question, but this page discusses the issue in relation to the v5 firmware. If you assume that the v6 firmware uses the same values, then level 4 equals 100 mW, the UK legal maximum. However, the page also suggests that levels above 4 make little difference with dual-SSID hubs.
  Eric

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »

Let me know if you get the time zones

Use the Opera browser.  Login and go to the page with the time zones.  Right click on the page and select View Source.  Find the list of time zones in this source page and replace it with the list I provided in my previous message.  Click Apply.  Change tab to the HTML page that shows the router time zone and it should now include all these additional timezones in the drop down menu.  Select what you want and submit.  It should hopefully work ...
Regards,
Mick

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »

Use the Opera browser.  Login and go to the page with the time zones.  Right click on the page and select View Source.  Find the list of time zones in this source page and replace it with the list I provided in my previous message.  Click Apply.  Change tab to the HTML page that shows the router time zone and it should now include all these additional timezones in the drop down menu.  Select what you want and submit.  It should hopefully work ...

Yes, I've used that method for other similar jobs, so I expect it will work. I can't check it unfortunately, because I'm not using this firmware at the moment (I'm using an older v5.xxx version for its better diagnostic features).
  Eric

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:13 AM »

When you get a minute can you please confirm if the Qwest firmware shows the old detailed admin 'managment' page?

What do you get when you go to:

http://<ip_address>/xslt?PAGE=J02

Or

http://<ip_address>/managment

Or

http://<ip_address>/mdc

Finally, do you get a list of all the router stats if you head to:

http://<ip_address>/xslt?PAGE=J45

I'm asking because I've got a spare hub with the BT v6 firmware and unfortunately cannot access the above (which I need for monitoring with mrtg).  If Qwest shows these pages and allows me to switch off BT Openzone/Fusion and what have you, I'll need to consider it as a candidate.
Regards,
Mick

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:16 AM »

Yes, I can hook up the router with the Qwest firmware to a spare PC and check if those pages exist. I'll try to find time this afternoon, otherwise tomorrow.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »

Sorry to disappoint, but all of those addresses give "Page not found".

Eric

waltergmw

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »

@ Eric,

Have you tried those commands after you've forced a log-in with the modem's password?
E.g. after attempting a modem reset.
With BT's firmware I sometimes find that pages are shown that weren't available beforehand.

Kind regards,
Walter

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »

I hadn't done that, but I have now - same negative result unfortunately.
  Eric

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »

:(

I take it that there's still no means of flashing a v6 firmwared router with v5.29.117.6 without a jtag?
Regards,
Mick

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »

Not that I'm aware of.
  Eric

Barrie

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »

[/quote]

Have you tried editing the HTML source to increase the list?

[/quote]

Edited the code for just one option - changed the Hawaii option to give GMT. Initially it worked and showed the correct UK time but after a few minutes the code reverted to the original and so did the time. Am I doing something wrong Mick?

Barrie

Mick

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »

Do you get the same problem if you add a new timezone at the bottom, rather than changing an existing?

If yes, it may be that the firmware is quite smart and it won't save a configuration which does not align with existing parameters - so it will reject new timezones for example.
Regards,
Mick

Barrie

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »

Do you get the same problem if you add a new timezone at the bottom, rather than changing an existing?

If yes, it may be that the firmware is quite smart and it won't save a configuration which does not align with existing parameters - so it will reject new timezones for example.

Same problem Mick - the only difference is it reverts to the original code/time zone almost immediately. Oh hum!

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

Hey guys. I have installed the Qwest firmware on my 2700HGV. I was wondering if it's possible to downgrade the firmware to the beta BT Business Hub firmware which I have downloaded? Will this brick the Hub?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 06:38:22 PM »

What version is the BT firmware? I don't think that you can downgrade from Qwest to a 5.xxxx version, but you may be able to downgrade to an earlier 6.xxxx version. If you can't, it will probably say so before it starts, so it's unlikely that you'll brick the router (although I can't guarantee that of course).
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything