Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Site's radio button not visible  (Read 3538 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Site's radio button not visible
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:56:21 PM »

I am in contact with my ISP's support, but when I tried to reply to them I could not see a radio button to post it. Its existence was proved by someone, and when I created a pdf of what I saw, there appeared the basic hyperlink (without all the decoration). Using that I managed to post my reply. I use Control+F5 to clear the cache and IE as well as usual FF. Still no visible button.

Any more ideas from fellow members, please!

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Site's radio button not visible
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 07:28:13 AM »

Are you talking about a web form on the ISP's site? One thing I can suggest is that you may be using larger fonts than the web page was designed for (bad web page design, but very common all the same). I have a minimum font size set in FF, and I have occasionally encountered the same problem as you, and it can be fixed by unsetting the minimum font size.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:20 AM »

Sorry for delay, have filthy cold. But yes, it concerns my provider's support pages. There appears to be no button for response to them. However copy and paste the page in to Word and the link becomes visible in its basic form, as in the attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »

Nothing seemed to work, so have just installed Chrome on a relative's tip. So far that seems to be OK radio button wise.

Presumably then it's a FF problem, and FF needs complete removal for which the normal method could be inadequate. Is that presumption sensible?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

I don't think you need to remove Firefox. You can leave both browsers installed, and use whichever you want.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 02:58:54 PM »

I thought an " as clean as possible" uninstall followed by a fresh installation to get the problem solved.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »

Sorry, I misunderstood then. Yes, complete removal including your personal configuration files would be a good idea before reinstalling. Hopefully someone who's knowledgeable on Windows will help.
  Eric