Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

21CN migration

(1/3) > >>

waltergmw:
Gentlefolk,

I thought you might be interested in the following pictures which show the transfer of a Zen capped service on a TI DSLAM to a standard ADSL MAX service (Automatically without a request) to an Infineon MSAN / DSLAM.
This line is one of our horror stories I keep on constant monitoring via the 2700 HGV modem and a LogMeIn laptop.

During the 21CN work @ 01:40:57 on 15 Mar 2011 the TI DSLAM connection tripped and at 01:42:01 the Infineon DSLAM / MSAN started to attempt sync.
It achieved sync at 01:42:43 on a standard max ADSL service (and NOT the capped service we had to have initially as the line then was so unstable).
It was then in Yo-Yo mode up to just after 03:21:09.
At this point I don't know exactly when this session started as the final Date / Time reading is "time now". It only reverts to start of session time when the service trips and re-syncs.
Note also that the re-syncs happen relatively quickly so the ISP's data logs don't usually record a PPP disconnection for these short-term drops.

After that the line stabilised with a download sync speed of 960 Kbps and upload of 384 Kbps. It has remained without tripping now for 36 hours which looks very promising, albeit the throughput speeds are still rather poor.

I'm also attaching a new BT Speed tester picture which provides both down and upload data. Note the downstream IP profile data now shows 749 rather than 750 and a new Upstream IP profile figure has been added which is the same as the upstream sync speed.

Kind regards,
Walter

[attachment deleted by admin]

waltergmw:
Gentlefolk,

I've been monitoring 7 services in the area and am still considering these results as in the early days.
One rather surprising point, at least to me, is that the 21CN services still on ADSL1, seem faster by about 10% and that they are more stable on our horrible long lines.
If this continues the implication is surely that new firmware, and possibly new hardware, has been improved.

Given the warnings we've had, I suspect most won't contemplate ADSL2+ services here.

Kind regards,
Walter

roseway:

--- Quote ---One rather surprising point, at least to me, is that the 21CN services still on ADSL1, seem faster by about 10% and that they are more stable on our horrible long lines.
--- End quote ---

That is, as you say, a bit surprising. The lines are the same, so the only difference is the Infineon DSLAM/MSAN. I suppose that it's the case that the 2700HGV and Infineon equipment work well together.

waltergmw:
@ Eric,

Perhaps even more surprising is that now, over 7 days later, the line hasn't dropped once whereas before it used to go into yoyo mode every couple of days.
(Remember also that the 2Wire 2700 HGV records very short drops which are not seen after the ISPs data filtering.)

Even another AAISP service which hasn't yet been "21CNed" at the same address using the same cable is more stable.
( I observe this as that service only provides the single download BT speed test and it still reports its old DSLAM / MSAN as "Unknown".)

I wonder if these observations suggest a noisy piece of exchange equipment has been decommissioned too ?

Kind reagrds,
Walter

Azzaka:
What chipset is in the 2700? Is it running an Infineon or a Broadcom?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version