Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Web Pages Not Displaying As They Should.  (Read 6165 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Web Pages Not Displaying As They Should.
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:14:21 PM »

After some scheduled updates the other week on one of my PCLinuxOS test machines something must have got corrupted   :(.
I have six different web browsers and none of them display the colour's correctly or video's.(stored photo's display ok.)

I have re-installed all the browsers again also, Adobe Flash, sun java, but still no good.

Any idea's please.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
Re: Web Pages Not Displaying As They Should.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »

Have you tried creating a new user Mike?
Colin II : It's no good being a pessimist, it wouldn't work anyway.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:41:52 AM »

It's certainly a very odd problem, and Colin's suggestion could help to home in on it.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:36:48 AM »

Have you tried creating a new user Mike?

Yes, just the same.
Also tried completely removing flash , then re-install, just the same. :'( >:D
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:01:04 PM »

It's a KDE4 desktop, what if I delete the .kde4 file in my home folder ? and reboot  ? .
Worth a try ?.

If I try to view say 'youtube' the colour's are only green/purple  :'( and the size is very small  :'( , other web page's the colours  are made up of green/purple but then some are ok  :'(

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »

When you created a new user a new /home should have been created if you chose that option. That would mean the new user would have had a clean .kde4 folder as well as all the others. Did you choose to make a new /home for your new user?
As PClinuxOS is based on Mandriva, which I run, it is quite easy to set up a new user with a new /home. If it doesn't work it is then a simple matter to delete the new user along with any files created for that user. If you do create a new user with a dedicated /home and you get the same symptoms then it is something that is not in your /home so deleting any files in your /home should not make any difference.
I hope that makes sense Mike.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »

When you created a new user a new /home should have been created if you chose that option. That would mean the new user would have had a clean .kde4 folder as well as all the others. Did you choose to make a new /home for your new user?
As PClinuxOS is based on Mandriva, which I run, it is quite easy to set up a new user with a new /home. If it doesn't work it is then a simple matter to delete the new user along with any files created for that user. If you do create a new user with a dedicated /home and you get the same symptoms then it is something that is not in your /home so deleting any files in your /home should not make any difference.
I hope that makes sense Mike.

Yes it does make sense and I was thinking on those lines.

OK what do I try next  :hmm:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »

I'm struggling to think of a sensible explanation here, I'm afraid. Have you asked on the PCLinuxOS forum?
  Eric

silversurfer44

• Kitizen
  • Lord Muck
    • Ben Novice Weather
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 08:14:14 AM »

I agree in full with Eric here. Asking in the forum may yield results.
The only other thing I can think of is 3d rendering. I'm not sure how that is achieved in PClinuxOS. My thinking is the updates may have set your display card to some odd setting. It is very strange that it is only the web browsers showing this problem.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 12:33:14 AM »

This problem was made by the faulty 'Adobe' drivers they put out and not PCLinuxOS fault.
With the new drivers they put out all is well and working. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 07:07:01 AM »

Happy ending then. :)
  Eric

anything