Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Windows Live  (Read 2881 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Windows Live
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:25:45 AM »

I had a Windows Live account just to use as an alternate email address, which some of my contacts used often.

Then I was refused access to it even though I'd entered the correct log in details, so I closed it down/unsubscribed (?)

I then opened another Windows Live account using the very same log in details and that worked fine, until today, it refused access!  I tried all the various ways of recovering my access but in the end decided it just was not worth the bother, so that's now been binned.

I shall not bother again but I wondered if anyone else used Windows Live and similar problems?

Peter

robinsteele

• Reg Member
Re: Windows Live
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:01:11 PM »

Ive had no problems.I dont know if Hotmail has been superceded by Windows Live,as when I use Hotmail-it says Windows Live.

I like the FF addon "Web Mail Notifier"-as I can access Hotmail/Yahoo and Ive included my TalkTalk e-mail account onto Hotmail.
Always looking for freebie HQ

AdrianH

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:50:06 PM »

If you do not sign in for over 90 days they reserve the right to suspend or remove your account.Yahoo do exactly the same.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »

I do log on more often than 90 days.

There are some useful add ons to Live but if it keeps chucking me off they are no use to me.

Peter

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »

Peter, what browser are you using..........there can be some known issues/workarounds if you are using Opera, for example.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »

Peter, what browser are you using..........there can be some known issues/workarounds if you are using Opera, for example.

I use both Internet Explorer and Chrome.

Peter

AdrianH

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 08:34:25 AM »

http://www.windowslivehelp.com/     and   http://forums.cnet.com/windows-live-forum/   would be the place to get assistance. If you are logging in regulary then there is no reason for accounts to be inactive/closed/unavailable like that.

anything