Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Time to buy some roller skates .........  (Read 1661 times)

AdrianH

Time to buy some roller skates .........
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:48:40 AM »

The delights of living in an Area of Outstanding Beauty are somewhat marred by the fact that we are held to ransom by petrol stations,the entire area is monopolised by one supplier and they make the most of the fact that we would need to drive a considerable distance to get a cheaper supply.

Everyone is suffering increases on a daily basis but here they really are acting like pirates. Yesterday morning I passed a "T*****" station with diesel priced at £1.42.99p/litre . My tank now costs @£75 to fill.  ???  >:(

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
Re: Time to buy some roller skates .........
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 08:54:42 AM »

Have you signed the petition as originally posted by unkyUb here ?

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,8765.0.html

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »

Everyone is suffering increases on a daily basis but here they really are acting like pirates. Yesterday morning I passed a "T*****" station with diesel priced at £1.42.99p/litre . My tank now costs @£75 to fill.  ???  >:(

Its outrageous that we are being held to ransom over the oil market......We don't get our oil from Libya.Have oil supplies actually been cut there?

This is all to do with money markets,someone somewhere is making a fortune out of this crisis and we the consumer are being ripped off big time. >:(

AdrianH

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:08:46 AM »

Have you signed the petition as originally posted by unkyUb here ?

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,8765.0.html

I have signed that petition, yes.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »

We don't get our oil from Libya.Have oil supplies actually been cut there?
It's an international market so effectively we do, and yes there's no oil coming out of Libya now.

I think the main reason for increased prices is fear that unrest will spread to bigger oil producers in the Middle East.
Libya was I think about 2% of world supply, which might not sound much but when there's little "slack" in the system is very significant.

CurlyWhirly

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »

It's an international market so effectively we do, and yes there's no oil coming out of Libya now.
I heard on the news that Libya is still producing around 500,000 barrels a day but this is only around 20% of what it normally produces ~ aprox 2% of the World market.
Mike

anything